Daily Current Affairs 25 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 88% Rajya Sabha MPs are crorepatis
- The Association for Democratic Reforms(ADR) report stated that 91% of the 64 MPs belonging to BJP and 92% of the 50 Congress MPs are crorepatis.
- The average of assets per Rajya Sabha MP is Rs.55.62 crore.
2. India’s 2nd mission to the Moon postponed to October
- ISRO has said the launch of Chandrayaan-2 has been postponed to October.
- The launch which was originally scheduled for April 23, will be ISRO’s first attempt to launch a rover on the south pole of the Moon.
3. UIDAI denies reports on Aadhaar leak via govt-owned firm
- The UIDAI denied media reports which claimed that anyone can access personal details of Aadhaar holders.
- The UIDAI said that there has been absolutely no breach of UIDAI’s Aadhaar database.
1. Syria, Russia agree on ceasefire with rebels in east Ghouta
- The deal would allow civilians to evacuate the region, with Russia claiming that 1 lakh people had already fled.
- The coalition has recovered 90% of eastern Ghouta.
2. China selling missile technology to Pak : Reports
- A Chinese team reportedly spent nearly 3 months in Pakistan to assemble the tracking system and also trained the technical staff on how to use it.
- Notably, China is the biggest arms supplier to Pakistan.
3. Thousands march globally demanding end to gun violence
- March for Our Lives rally is to implement stricter gun rules.
- The campaign against gun violence gained strength after a mass shooting at a US school last month.
4.Pakistan gets first woman opposition leader in senate
- Pakistani lawmaker Sherry Rehman made history on Thursday by becoming the first woman Leader of the Opposition in the Senate, the Upper House of parliament.
- Rehmanbelongs to the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP). She has served as Pakistan’s ambassador to the US from 2011 to 2013 and was elected to the Senate in 2015.
1. India should move out of agri into industry, services : Rajan
- Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan said India should empower its workforce into services and industry where income is much higher.
- He added that Indians should do jobs that require higher creativity and intelligence.
2. Tata Power appoints Praveer Sinha as new CEO and MD
- Sinha is currently serving as the CEO of Tata Power Delhi Distribution.
- He will succeed Anil Sardana.
3. Indiabulls to sell 50% in Mumbai assets
- Indiabulls Real Estate has executed an agreement with BlackStone Group to sell stake for Rs.4,750 cr.
- The transaction is expected to be concluded by March.
4. Elon Musk deletes Facebook pages of Tesla, SpaceX
- Facebook pages of SpaceX and Tesla, which had millions of followers, are no longer accessible.
- Musk had begun the exchange by responding to a tweet from WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton on the #deletefacebook tag.
1. Advani now holds Indian,Asian,World titles in Billiards
- Pankaj Advani defeated Bhaskar to win the Asian Billiards Championship.
- This is his 11th title at the Asian level.
2. Chennai startup builds chatbot which answers cricket queries
- Roanuz Software claims that the bot can get answers from an exhaustive set of data on past and current matches, players and team statistics since 2012.
- The chatbot can communicate via text and voice.
3.Sebastian Vettel beats Lewis Hamilton to win the Australian Formula One Grand Prix
- Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel captured the Australian Grand Prix, holding off his hard-charging Mercedes rival Lewis Hamilton in a dramatic start to the new Formula One season.
- It was the 100th podium of Vettel’s career and it came in his 200th Formula One race. The German becomes the fourth driver to claim 100 podium finishes, joining Hamilton, Michael Schumacher and Alain Prost.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26