Daily Current Affairs 25 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. FinTech Conclave
- NITI Aayog organized FinTech Conclave at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- The aim is to shape India’s continued ascendancy in FinTech, build the narrative for future strategy and policy efforts.
- The NITI Aayog, also National Institution for Transforming India, is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Project Saamrath
- Rubber Skill Development Council (RSDC) has launched Project Saamrath.
- It is is aimed at skilling, upskilling and reskilling 10 lakh personnel involved in the rubber sector, by 2020.
3. Delhi IGI Airport is the 12th busiest in the world
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has become the world’s 12th busiest airport in world airport traffic rankings for 2018.
- The preliminary world airport traffic rankings for 2018 was released by Airports Council International (ACI)
- Airports Council International is the only global trade representative of the world’s airport authorities.
1. 2019 Global Teacher Prize
- Kenyan science teacher Peter Tabichi has won Global Teacher Prize 2019.
- Kenya :- Capital: Nairobi || Currency: Kenyan shilling
2. World’s Largest e-Waste Recycling Hub
- The World’s Largest e-Waste Recycling Hub has opened at the Dubai Industrial Park, Dubai.
- This is 120 million dirhams project which is backed by the Swiss Government Export Finance Agency.
3. Theravada Tripitaka
- The Proposal to include the Theravada Tripitaka (Buddhism) into the Memory of the World Register of UNESCO presented by President Maithripala Sirisena of Sri Lanka.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe || President: Maithripala Sirisena
1. Naresh Goyal steps down
- Naresh Goyal steps down as the Chairman of Jet Airways.
- Jet Airways is a major Indian international airline based in Mumbai. In October 2017, it was the second-largest airline in India after IndiGo with a 17.8% passenger market share.
2. Ford’s Next Chief Financial Officer
- Automaker Ford has named Tim Stone as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Ford Motor Company is a multinational automaker that has its main headquarter in Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. It was founded by Henry Ford and incorporated on June 16, 1903.
3. Disinvestment Target of Indian Government
- Government of India has exceeded its Disinvestment target for 2018-19 by 5000 crore and it has touched 85000 crore.
- The Government set a Disinvestment target of 90000 crore for the next fiscal year (2019-20).
- Disinvestment can also be defined as the action of an organisation (or government) selling or liquidating an asset or subsidiary. It is also referred to as ‘divestment’ or ‘divestiture.’ In most contexts, disinvestment typically refers to sale from the government, partly or fully, of a government-owned enterprise.
4. GVK Airport Holdings with
- GVK Airport Holdings will acquire 10% stake of ACSA Global in Mumbai International Airport for 924 crore.
- GVK Airport Holdings Private Limited :- Founded: 2005 || Parent organization: Gvk Power & Infrastructure || Subsidiary: Mumbai International Airport Limited
1. New BFI President
- K. Govindaraj was unanimously re-elected as president of Basketball Federation of India.
- Basketball Federation of India is the governing and controlling body of Basketball in India. It is responsible for the development and promotion of the sport at all levels. BFI manages all the national level basketball operations in India.
2. Latest World Badminton Rankings
- Indian shuttlers Lakshya Sen at 76th and Riya Mookerjee at 94th are in the top-100 among Men’s and Women’s singles respectively.
- Kento Momota of Japan is leading the men’s single chart.
- Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei is leading the women’s single chart.
- KIDAMBI Srikanth at 7th is the Highest Ranked Indian.
- PV Sindhu at 6th and Saina Nehwal at 9th are the Highest Ranked Indian in Women’s Single Ranking
3. IIT Madras with ESPNcricinfo
- IIT Madras has partnered with ESPNcricinfo to launch Superstats Portal.
- It is a next level artificial intelligence to analyse cricket statistics through machine learning and forecast.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25