Daily Current Affairs 25 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. NCC’s 70th Anniversary
- National Cadet Corps (NCC),the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world, celebrating its 70th Raising Day(November-25).
- About NCC :- Director General: Lt. General P. P Malhotra || Motto: Unity and discipline || Founder: Government of the United Kingdom || Headquarters: New Delhi || Role: Student Uniformed Group || Size: 1,300,000+
2. India Gold and Jewellery Summit
- The 2nd Edition of India Gold and Jewellery Summit was inaugurated by Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
- The Government has decided to set up a domestic Gold Council in India.
3. Baliyatra festival
- Baliyatra festival has been inaugurated in Cuttack, Odisha.
- Baliyatra literally means A Voyage to Bali. This festival is held in Odisha, in the city of Cuttack at Gadagadia Ghata of the Mahanadi river, to mark the day when ancient Sadhabas (Oriya mariners) would set sail to distant lands of Bali, as well as Java, Sumatra, Borneo, and Sri Lanka for trade and cultural expansion.
4. Chief Secretary of Delhi
- Vijay Kumar Dev has been appointed as the Chief Secretary of Delhi.
- He will replace Anshu Prakash.
1. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on November 25.
- The aim is to raise public awareness around the issue and to promote the policy making to end violence against women and girls worldwide.
- Theme ‘Orange The World: #HearMeToo’
2. General Conference on Weights and Measures
- The 26th meeting of the General Conference on Weights and Measures was held at Versailles, France.
- The General Conference on Weights and Measures is the supreme authority of the International Bureau of Weights and Measures, the inter-governmental organization established in 1875
3. International Green Apple Award for environmental best practice 2018
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education has won International Green Apple Award for environmental best practice 2018 by ‘The Green Organisation’ at a ceremony that was held at the Houses of Parliament in London.
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education :- Founder: TMA Pai || Affiliation: University Grants Commission || Chancellor: Ramdas Pai
- The Green Apple Environment Awards were established in 1994 as an annual campaign to recognise, reward and promote environmental best practice around the world.
4. FIAPF Award
- Filmmaker Nandita Das will be honoured with the International Federation of Film Producers Associations( FIAPF) Award for her achievement in film in the Asia Pacific region.
- The award will be presented at the 12th Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) in Brisbane on 29 November.
1. Allianz SE with ESR
- Allianz (German Financial Service Company) has tied up with e-Shang Redwood (ESR) to invest around $1 billion in India’s logistics sector.
- Allianz SE is a European financial services company headquartered in Munich, Germany. Its core businesses are insurance and asset management.
- ESR is one of Asia’s largest developers and operators in logistics and warehousing.
2. European Investment Bank with State Bank of India
- Both have signed an MOU to finance the renewable energy sector specially wind energy projects across India.
- The European Investment Bank is the European Union’s non-profit long-term lending institution established in 1958 under the Treaty of Rome. As a “policy-driven bank” whose shareholders are the member states of the EU, the EIB uses its financing operations to bring about European integration and social cohesion.
3. First small finance bank to offer personal loan facility to salaried professionals
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has become first small finance bank to offer personal loan facility to salaried professionals.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Samit Ghosh
4. India’s first Chat-bot for patients
- Lupin has launched India’s first Chat-bot for patients named ‘ANYA‘ to provide information for health-related queries.
- Lupin Limited is a transnational pharmaceutical company based in Mumbai. It is the 12th-largest company by market capitalization; and the eighth-largest generic pharmaceutical company by revenue globally.
1. AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships
- India is at 3rd position with 4 medals including 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze in the final medal standings.
- In the finals of the light flyweight category Mary Kom of India beat Ukrainian boxer Hana Okhota to win the gold, creating history by becoming the first woman boxer to win six gold medals in the AIBA World Boxing Championships.
- Ornella Wahner(Germany) won the gold in Featherweight (57 kg) by defeating Sonia Chahal (India) by 4-1 Featherweight category.
- Simranjit Kaur (Light Welter (64kg) Category) and Lovlina Borgohain (Welterweight (64-69kg) Category) have won bronze in the respective category.
2. 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20
- The Sixth Edition of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup was hosted by the West Indies.
- Australia has defeated England in the final held to secure their fourth Women’s World Twenty20 title.
- Alyssa Healy(Australia) was named the player of the tournament.
3. Men’s Hockey World Cup anthem
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has released Men’s Hockey World Cup anthem
- Anthem ‘Jai Hind’ is composed by music director and composer A.R. Rahman and penned by lyricist Gulzar.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15