Daily Current Affairs 25 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Padma Vibhushan thumari singer Girjia Devi passes away.
- Thumari singer and Padma Vibhushan awardee Girjia Devi passed away in Kolkata at the age of 88 due to cardiac arrest.
- A singer of Banaras Gharana, Girjia Devi has been a recipient of Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri as well.
2.Government to observe 8th November as ‘anti black money day’: Finance Minister.
- The government will observe November 8 as ‘anti-black money day’ and central ministers and BJP leaders will travel across the country to highlight gains of last year’s demonetisation of high-value banknotes, a statement by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- The Congress and other opposition parties have announced they will observe ‘black day’ on November 8 across states to protest the note ban, which had sucked out 86% of the currency in circulation at that time.
3.More than 5 Lakh people participated in “Prayatna Parv”
- Three week long “Paryatan Parv” a nation-wide celebration of Tourism organized by Ministry of Tourism, in collaboration with other Central Ministries, State Governments and Stakeholders from 5th to 25th October 2017 concluded here today.
- Addressing a Press Conference on the conclusion of Paryatan Parv here today, Smt. Rashmi Verma, Secretary Ministry of Tourism said that the Parv was organized with the objective of drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of “Tourism for All”.
1.US researchers develop transparent solar cells.
- A team led by Michigan State University engineers have developed transparent solar cells with the efficiencies above 5% while traditional solar cells has efficiency of 15-18%.
- Researchers claim the technology has the potential to meet 40% of energy demands of the US, if
it was used in place of the estimated 5-7 billion square meters of the country’s glass surface.
2.US , Syria only two countries not in Paris climate deal.
- After Nicaragua became a signatory to the Paris climate deal, the US and Syria are the only two countries in the world who have refused to be the members of the pact.
- The deal was agreed upon by 195 nations in 2015 and is dedicated at lowering emissions and strengthening countries’ abilities to deal with the effects of climate change.
3.Singapore passport named world’s most powerful passport.
- Singapore’s passport has become most powerful in the world with a Visa-free score of 159, according to Passport Index developed by advisory firm Arton Capital.
- This is the frist time any Asian country has topped the ranking for the most powerful passport. India secured 75th rank in the index.
1.Apple acquires New Zealand based wireless charging firm PowerbyProxi.
- Apple finally embraced wireless charging with its latest iPhone 8 and iPhone X models.
- The company now appears to be more serious about the technology as it has a New Zealand-based firm PowerbyProxi which specialises in wireless charging.
2.Infosys gives clean chit to Panaya acquisition.
- Infosys Ltd co-founder and chairman Nandan Nilekani said the company had found no evidence of wrongdoing in the contentious $200 million acquisition of Israeli automation technology firm Panaya Ltd in 2015.
- Nilekani reiterated Infosys’ previous stance on the investigation, effectively handing a clean chit to former CEO Vishal Sikka and the previous board, drawing an immediate riposte from co-founder NR Narayana Murthy.
3.Chile named Best Country to visit in 2018.
- Chile has been named the Best Country to visit next year by Lonely Planet in its ‘Best in Travel 2018’ list.
- South Korea and Portugal have ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.
1.ISIS poster threatening WC 2018 shows Messi crying blood.
- A doctored image of Argentina football captain Lionel Messi, wherein he is seen crying blood has been released by a propaganda cell of terror group ISIS.
- This has come in a threat to the 2018 FIFA world cup in Russia.
2.Indian tops world TT junior circuit rankings for 1st time.
- Seventeen year old paddler Manav Thakkar has become the first Indian to occupy the top spot on the International Table Tennis Federation(ITTF) World Junior Standings.
- With this thakkar has ensured a place for himself in the ITTF World Junior Circuit Finals.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15