Daily Current Affairs 1 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Prithvi Defence Vehicle
- India has tested ‘Prithvi Defence Vehicle’ successfully from Abdul Kalam Island of the Integrated Test Range,Odisha.
- DRDO Chairman :- Dr G Satheesh Reddy
- It is India’s biggest cyclotron facility
- It has made operational at Kolkata-based Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), which comes under Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
3. Parakram Parva
- A three-day event ‘Parakram Parva’ from 28th to 30th September 2018 to mark the second anniversary of Surgical Strike
- On September 28-29, 2016 Special Forces of Indian Army destroyed terror launch pads across the Line of Control inflicting maximum damage to terrorists.
4. Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana
- Narendra Modi has inaugurated Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana from Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- Over 10 crore families will be provided health assurance worth five lakh rupees each, every year.
1. General Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- Inaugural General Assembly of International Solar Alliance will be held on 2nd October 2018 in New Delhi.
- ISA was started by Narendra Modi and then French President Francois Hollande at the UN Climate Change Conference, Paris on November 30, 2015.
2. 5th meeting of Boundary Working Group
- The 5th meeting of Boundary Working Group between India and Nepal held in Kathmandu.
- The use of high resolution satellite images in boundary survey work.
3. National Stock Exchange of India and London Stock Exchange
- Both have signed MoU to collaborate on creating dual listing route for masala bonds and foreign currency bonds of Indian issuers.
- About NSE :- Market cap: US$2.27 trillion (April 2018) || No. of listings: 1,952 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Currency: Indian rupee (₹) || CEO: Vikram Limaye
1. India Post Payments Bank with Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co Ltd
- Both have signed a bancassurance pact.
- About IPPB Founded: 1 September 2018 || Parent organization: India Post || Area served: India || Key people: : Anant Narayan Nanda; (Secretary, Department of Post); Suresh Sethi; (MD & CEO)
3. Centralised Information and Management System (CIMS)
- RBI has shortlisted 5 IT firms to implement the ‘Centralised Information and Management System’.
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Capgemini Technology Services India
- IBM India
- Larsen and Toubro Infotech
3. New Chairman of Steel Authority of India Ltd
- Anil Kumar Chaudhary has been appointed as new Chairman of Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Prakash Kumar Singh
4. India’s first Coal-gasification based fertilizer plant
- The coal gasification based fertilizer plant has started working in Talcher (Odisha).
- It is developed by Talcher Fertilizers Limited (TFL).
1. Fifa’s The Best Awards – 2018
- Puskas Award for Best Goal :- Mohamed Salah(Liverpool) vs Everton
- Men’s Coach of the Year :- Didier Deschamps – France
- Women’s Coach of the Year :- Reynald Pedros – Lyon
2. FifPro Best XI – 2018
- FIFPro invited all professional men’s footballers in the world to compose the best men’s team of the year, named the FIFPro World XI.
- David De Gea; Dani Alves, Raphaël Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Luka Modrić, N’Golo Kanté, Eden Hazard; Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappé, Cristiano Ronaldo.
3. Fifa’s Player of the Year – 2018
- Women’s Player of the Year :- Marta – Brazil and Orlando Pride
- Men’s Player of the Year :- Luka Modrić – Croatia and Real Madrid
- Goalkeeper of the Year :- Thibaut Courtois – Belgium and Real Madrid
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15