Daily Current Affairs 25th 26th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25th 26th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25th 26th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25th 26th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. UMANG App
- Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched International version of UMANG App.
- UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
2. National Science Film Festival
- The 10th edition of prestigious National science film festival has started.
- The festival offers a unique platform to showcase the science films made by professionals, amateur and student filmmakers under various themes.
1. Chang’e-5 mission
- China has launched a historic mission ‘Chang’e 5’ to the moon to collect first lunar samples.
- only two nations, the US and the Soviet Union have been able to collect the lunar sample.
1. Merger of Lakshmi Vilas Bank with DBS Bank
- Cabinet has approved the merger of Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) with DBS Bank India.
- DBS Bank Ltd is a Singaporean multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Marina Bay, Singapore. The company was known as The Development Bank of Singapore Limited, before the present name was adopted on 21 July 2003 to reflect its changing role as a global bank.
- CEO: Piyush Gupta || Headquarters: Singapore
1. new ICC Chairman
- New Zealand’s Greg Barclay has been elected new ICC Chairman replacing Imran Khwaja, who is currently the interim chairman.
- CEO of ICC: Manu Sawhney || Headquarters of ICC: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
1. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated November 25 as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
- Theme: ‘Orange the World: Fund, Respond, Prevent, Collect!’.
2. National Milk Day
- November 26 is celebrated as National Milk Day in India.
- Aim: To commemorate the birthday of the father of India’s White Revolution, Dr Verghese Kurien
- World Milk Day is observed on 1 June every year by the United Nations.
3. Indian Constitution Day
- The 26 November is celebrated as Constitution Day or Samvidhan Diwas in India.
- On this day, In 1949, the constitution was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950
1. Ahmed Patel passes away
- Senior Congress leader and Rajya Sabha MP, Ahmed Patel passed away.
- Ahmed Patel was Lok Sabha MP for three terms from 1977 to 1989 and Rajya Sabha MP since 1993 representing Gujarat.
2. Diego Maradona passes away
- One of the greatest footballers of all time Diego Maradona passed away.
- He captained Argentina and won the 1986 World Cup
- He played for Barcelona and Napoli during his club career.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is awarded
- Pilibhit Tiger Reserve gets global award “TX2” for doubling tiger population by UNDP’s (United Nations Development Program).
- The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is situated in the Pilibhit district and Shahjahanpur District of Uttar Pradesh, forming part of the Terai Arc Landscape, in the upper Gangetic Plain Biogeographic Province.
2. International Emmy Awards
- The Netflix’s Delhi Crime has won the Best Drama Series award at the 48th International Emmy Awards 2020.
- Delhi Crime is the first web-series from India to win an International Emmy Award.
3. 2020 International Emmy Awards winners
- Best Drama Series: Delhi Crime (India)
- Best Comedy Series: Ninguem Ta Olhando (Nobody’s Looking) (Brazil)
- Best Actress: Glenda Jackson, Elizabeth Is Missing (United Kingdom)
- Best Actor: Billy Barratt, Responsible Child (United Kingdom)
- Best Documentary: For Sama (United Kingdom)
- Best TV Movie/Mini-Series: Responsible Child (United Kingdom)
1. Varunastra Torpedo
- Defence Research and Development has flagged off Heavy Weight Torpedo (HWT), Varunastra.
- Defence Research and Development (DRDO) Chairman G Satheesh Reddy