Daily Current Affairs 25th 26th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25th 26th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25th 26th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25th 26th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Sand Dune Park in Goa
- World Bank has sanctioned Rs 3 crore for India’s first sand dune parks and interpretation centers in Goa.
- Goa: Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari || Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant.
2. ‘Life in Miniature’ Project
- Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (I/C), Prahlad Singh Patel has virtually launched the ‘Life in Miniature’ Project.
- ‘Life in Miniature’ project is a collaboration between the National Museum, New Delhi, Ministry of Culture, and Google Arts & culture.
- Augmented Reality-powered art gallery designed with traditional Indian architecture.
1. Pakistan to remain in grey list of FATF
- Financial Action Task Force has announced that Pakistan will continue to remain on its Grey List till February 2021.
- The Financial Action Task Force is an intergovernmental organisation founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001, its mandate was expanded to include terrorism financing.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || President: Marcus Pleyer
2. UN Commemorative Stamp
- Department of Posts has released a commemorative postage stamp on the 75th anniversary of United Nations.
- Director-General of Indian Post: Arundhaty Ghosh.
- United Nations: Secretary general: António Guterres || Headquarters: New York
1. International Day of Diplomats
- International Day of Diplomats is celebrated on 24 October every year.
- Aim: To highlight the contributions made by diplomats in shaping our world since ancient times and in making our planet a better place.
1. Lee Kun-Hee passes away
- Samsung Chairman Lee Kun-Hee has passed away.
- Lee Kun-hee was a South Korean businessman who served as chairman of the Samsung Group from 1987 to 2008 and from 2010 to 2020, and is credited with the transformation of Samsung to the world’s largest manufacturer of smartphones, televisions, and memory chips.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Brunel Medal-2020
- Bhutan’s Mangdechhu Hydroelectric project assisted by India, has been awarded the Brunel Medal-2020
- Brunel Medal-2020 is an award conferred by the UK’s top engineering body, Institute of Civil Engineers.
2. Forbes List of World’s Best Employers
- Samsung has become the best employer in the 2020, according to the rankings by Forbes.
- From India, HCL Technologiesis top industry in the list. It is placed at 30th rank globally.
1. Portuguese Grand Prix 2020
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix.
- This is Hamilton’s 8th win of the season.