Daily Current Affairs 25th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Bundelkhand Water Crisis
- Government of Uttar Pradesh has partnered with Israel to resolve Bundelkhand Water Crisis.
- Prime Minister of Israel: Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli Shekel
2. Tribes India Showroom
- Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda has e-inaugurated Tribes India Showroom in Mumbai.
- It is an initiative of TRIFED, Ministry of Tribal Affairs to promote the livelihood of the tribal people.
3. India’s longest river Rope-way
- India’s longest river Rope-way has been inaugurated in Assam over Brahmaputra river.
- Chief Minister of Assam: Sarbananda Sonowal || Governor: Jagdish Mukhi.
1. Army 2020 forum
- India Pavilion has been inaugurated at Army-2020 International Military and Technical Forum in Russia.
- President of Russia: Vladimir Putin || Capital of Russia: Moscow.
1. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank with Government of Maharashtra
- Government of Maharashtra and AIIB have signed an MoU for $500 million for Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III.
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank: President: Jin Liqun || Headquarters: Beijing, China.
1. Acquisition of C&S Electric by Siemens
- Competition Commission of India has approved the proposed acquisition of C&S Electric by Siemens.
- Chairperson of Competition Commission of India: Ashok Kumar Gupta.
- Siemens AG is a German multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad.
- Headquarters: Munich || CEO: Joe Kaeser
1. Book ‘Who painted my lust red?’
- Book titled ‘Who painted my lust red?’ is authored by Sree Iyer.
- Sree Iyer is an inventor and out-of-the-box thinker, Sree Iyer has 37 patents in the areas of Hardware, Software, Encryption and Systems. His latest passion is in writing about all matters related to Money. NDTV Frauds is his first book.
Science and Technology News
1. Earth observation satellite Gaofen-9
- China has launched 5th series of Gaofen-9 Earth observation satellite.
- China: Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi || President: Xi Jinping.
1. DRDO chief
- G Satheesh Reddy has been re-appointed as the chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi || DRDO Established: 1958.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Swachhta Hi Seva award
- PSU NLC India Limited (NLCIL) has bagged ‘Swachhta Hi Seva award’ for transforming Neyveli Township.
- CMD of NLCIL: Rakesh Kumar || NLCIL Founded: 1956 || NLCIL Headquarters: Neyveli, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
1. 2019–20 UEFA Champions League
- Winner: Bayern Munich
- Runner-up: Paris Saint-Germain
- Top scorer: Poland Robert Lewandowski (15 goals)
2. 2019–20 UEFA Europa League
- Champions: Sevilla (6th title)
- Runners-up: Inter Milan
- Top scorer: Bruno Fernandes (8 goals)
3. ICC Hall of Fame
- Following have been inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- South African all-rounder Jaques Kallis
- Pakistan Cricketer Zaheer Abbas
- Former Australian captain Lisa Sthalekar
- CEO of ICC: Manu Sawhney || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates || Chairman of ICC: Imran Khwaja (Interim).
- The ICC Cricket Hall of Fame recognises “the achievements of the legends of the game from cricket’s long and illustrious history”.