Daily Current Affairs 25th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe)
- Government of India has approved the establishment of Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe).
- Aim: To encourage the participation of private sector in the entire range of space activities.
2. Ektu Khelo Ektu Padho Scheme
- Tripura Govt has announced ‘Ektu Khelo Ektu Padho’ Scheme.
- Aim: To engage students by disseminating audio and video contents focused on hands-on learning activities and messages of simple projects
3. Kushinagar Airport
- Union Cabinet has given International Airport status to Kushinagar Airport in Uttar Pradesh.
- Kushinagar is a pilgrimage town in the Kushinagar district of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site, where Buddhists believe Gautama Buddha attained Parinirvana after his death. It is an international Buddhist pilgrimage centre.
1. Republic of Mali with NTPC
- Republic of Mali has given a contract of 500-MW solar park project to National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC).
- Republic of Mali: Capital: Bamako || Currency: West African CFA franc.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
1. India’s GDP by Moody’s Investors Service
- Moody’s Investors Service has projected India GDP to shrink 3.1% in 2020.
- Moody’s Investors Service, often referred to as Moody’s, is the bond credit rating business of Moody’s Corporation, representing the company’s traditional line of business and its historical name.
- Moody’s Investors Service provides international financial research on bonds issued by commercial and government entities.
- CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr || Headquarters: New York, United States
2. Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship with IBM
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has partnered with IBM to launch free Digital Learning Platform ‘Skills Build Reignite’.
- Aim: To reach more job seekers.
- Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship: Mahendra Nath Pandey.
- IBM: CEO: Arvind Krishna || Headquarters: Armonk, New York
1. Chairman of Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services
- T Rabi Sankar has been appointed as the Chairman of Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services.
- IFTAS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India headquartered in Mumbai.
1. Day of the Seafarer
- 25 June of each year is the “Day of the Seafarer”, recognizing the invaluable contribution seafarers make to international trade and the world economy, often at great personal cost to themselves and their families.
- This day is celebrated by International Maritime Organization.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. e-Panchayat Puraskar 2020
- Himachal Pradesh State Panchayati Raj Department has won first prize under e-Panchayat Puraskar-2020.
- Chief Minister: Jairam Thakur || Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya.
1. #HEALTHYTogether Campaign
- International Olympic Committee and WHO together with the United Nations have launched #HEALTHYTogether Campaign to combat COVID-19.
- International Olympic Committee: Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Thomas Bach
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,25th June