Daily Current Affairs 26 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Dalmia Bharat Limited adopts Red Fort
- This comes under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project launched by Ram Nath Kovind.
- The adoption will enable to maintain activities for the development of tourist amenities.
2. Mobile application for allotment of govt homes
- m-Awas has been developed by NIC.
- The residential accommodations of various types will be allocated to eligible Central Govt employees through Automated System of Allotment.
3. Sagar Kavach begins in Kerala
- This to strengthen and assess the loopholes along the shores of Kerala.
- The Coast Guard, Navy, Coastal Police will participate in the exercise.
4. Indu Malhotra to be appointed as SC judge
- She is the 1st woman lawyer to be directly appointed as a SC judge.
- Indu Malhotra specializes in arbitration.
1. System to measure air quality in advance
- India will tie up with US and Finland to develop the air quality forecast system.
- The system will predict the air quality 2 days in prior and with greater accuracy.
2. China installs water sprays to issue warnings
- The system will prevent pedestrians from crossing red lights by spraying water.
- The posts are equipped with speakers that issue warnings.
3. Egypt to fine those harassing tourists
- A fine of Rs.38,000 will be imposed on those harassing tourists with offering or selling a good or service.
- The tourism industry in Egypt accounts for 12% of the economy.
4. Trump not qualified to comment on treaties : Rouhani
- Iran’s Prez Hassan Rouhani said Trump is not qualified to comment on international pacts.
- He added that Trump had no right to renegotiate the 7 party agreement.
1. India signs agreement with World Bank
- The bank sanctioned a loan of $125 mn for ‘Innovate in India for Inclusiveness’ project.
- The objective is to nurture innovation and accelerate commercialization.
2. NSE launched e-Gsec
- The platform will allow investors to invest in govt securities.
- The govt issues securities to borrow money from the market.
3. Yes Bank reports 29% increase in profit
- The bank added Rs.6,200 cr to its market value taking the total market cap to Rs.81,075 cr.
- The gross bad loan ratio fell to 1.28% against 1.72% in the previous quarter.
4. 34.6 lakh people joined workforce in 6 months
- Employees PF Organisation registered around 31.1 lakh new contributors.
- The new accounts stood at 3.5 lakh.
1. India to host weightlifting championships
- India will host the Asian Weightlifting championships in 2019.
- The last edition was held in Turkmenistan.
2. Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna
- Rahul Dravid is recommended for Dronacharya award.
- Sunil Gavaskar is nominated for Lifetime Achievement in Sports.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15