Daily Current Affairs 26 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Mukhya Mantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana
- Haryana Government has rolled out Mukhya Mantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana to provide social security to families.
- Rs 6000 per year will be given to each eligible family having an annual income less than Rs 1,80,000 or a total landholding of fewer than two hectares.
2. Discovery India and World Wide Fund for Nature
- Discovery India and World Wide Fund for Nature India have partnered with the Forest Directorate, West Bengal to preserve Sundarbans.
- The Sundarbans is a mangrove area in the delta formed by the confluence of Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal. It spans from the Hooghly River in India’s state of West Bengal to the Baleswar River in Bangladesh.
- Sundarbans are enlisted as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, viz Sundarbans National Park, Sundarbans West, Sundarbans South and Sundarbans East Wildlife Sanctuaries.
- The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and the reduction of human impact on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
3. National Centre for Avian Ecotoxicology
- Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the National Centre for Avian Ecotoxicology.
- It was inaugurated at Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural Sciences in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- It is set-up with an aim to study the movement of environmental contaminants(pesticides, heavy metals, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, drugs etc.) through the food chain, and their harmful effects on birds.
1. G7 summit
- The 45th G7 summit has been concluded at Biarritz, France.
- In March 2014, the G7 declared that a meaningful discussion was currently not possible with Russia in the context of the G8. Since then, meetings have continued within the G7 process.
- However, according to a senior administration official, Donald Trump and Emmanuel Macron had agreed that Russia should be invited to the next year’s G7 Summit.
- The 46th G7 summit will be held in 2020 in the United States while it holds the presidency of the G7.
- This was the first G7 summit for the newly elected British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- Attendees of the 45th summit of the G7 includes the leaders of the seven G7 member states as well as representatives of the European Union.
- The President of France, Emmanuel Macron invited the Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison, the Prime Minister of Spain Pedro Sánchez and the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi to attend the outreach session of the Summit in Biarritz as special invitees.
2. Iran’s new missile defence system
- Iran has unveiled a surface-to-air missile defence system ‘Bavar-373’.
- Iran, also called Persia, and officially the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a country in Western Asia.
- President: Hassan Rouhani || Capital: Tehran || Currency: Iranian rial || Supreme leader: Ali Khamenei
3. Philanthropy Conference 2019
- Alibaba Foundation and UCWeb will host Philanthropy Conference 2019 in India.
- UC Browser is a web browser developed by the Singapore/China-based mobile Internet company UCWeb, which is in turn owned by the Alibaba Group. As of December 2018 it is the fourth most popular mobile browser in the world by market share, after Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited is a Chinese multinational conglomerate holding company specializing in e-commerce, retail, Internet, and technology.
- Founded: 4 April 1999, Hangzhou, China || CEO: Daniel Zhang || Founders: Jack Ma
4. Women’s Equality Day
- Women’s Equality Day is celebrated in the United States on August 26 to commemorate the 1920 adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of gender.
- Significance: Anniversary of 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote
1. Bharti AXA Life with Akshaya Patra
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance has partnered with Akshaya Patra Foundation to support the mid-day meal programme for government school children.
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance. Bharti AXA Life Insurance is a joint venture between the Indian conglomerate Bharti Enterprises and the AXA Group, a multinational investment-banking firm headquartered in Paris.
2. Digit Insurance with KarurVysya Bank
- Digit Insurance has announced its first Bancassurance tie-up with KarurVysya Bank.
- KarurVysya Bank is an Indian 100 years completed bank and is one of the leading banks in India, headquartered in Karur in Tamil Nadu. It was set up in 1916 by M. A. Venkatarama Chettiar and Athi Krishna Chettiar. The bank primarily operates in treasury, corporate/wholesale banking and retail banking segments.
- Headquarters: Karur || CEO: P. R. Seshadri
3. Insider Trading Informants
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has announced a reward of upto one crore rupees for Insider Trading Informants.
- Insider trading is the trading of a public company’s stock or other securities based on material non-public information about the company. In various countries, some kinds of trading based on insider information is illegal.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in 1988 and given statutory powers on 12 April 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Founded: 12 April 1992 || Jurisdiction: India || Headquarters: Mumbai || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
4. RBI’s New Provisions
- The Reserve Bank of India will allow customers to make recurring payments of less than Rs. 2000 without the two factor authentication process by giving an e-mandate from September 1.
- e-mandates use the secure, widely used online banking services of a customer’s bank.
- Transfer of funds through RTGS will be available from 7am, instead of the present 8am, from August 26.
- Real-time gross settlement systems are specialist funds transfer systems where the transfer of money or securities takes place from one bank to any other bank on a “real time” and on a “gross” basis.
1. National Sports Awards 2019 List Complete List
- Rajeev Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
- Deepa Malik (para-athletics)
- Bajrang Punia (wrestling)
- Dronacharya Award 2019 (regular category)
- Mohinder Singh Dhillon (athletics)
- Sandeep Gupta (table tennis)
- Vimal Kumar (badminton)
- Dronacharya Award 2019 (lifetime category)
- Sanjay Bhardwaj (cricket)
- Rambir Singh Khokar (kabaddi)
- Mezban Patel (hockey)
- Dhyan Chand Award 2019
- Manoj Kumar (wrestling)
- C Lalremsanga (archery)
- Arup Basak (table tennis)
- Nitten Kirrtane (tennis)
- Manuel Fredricks (hockey)
- RASHTRIYA KHEL PROTSAHAN PURUSKAR for Nurturing of Budding and Young Talent and Sports Development
- Gagan Narang Sports Promotion Foundation
- GoSports Foundation
- Rayalaseema Development Trust
3. Arjuna Award 2019
- Ravindra Jadeja (cricket)
- Mohammed Anas Yahiya (athletics)
- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (football)
- Sonia Lather (boxing)
- Chinglensana Singh Kangujam (hockey)
- S Bhaskaran (bodybuilding)
- Ajay Thakur (kabaddi)
- Anjum Moudgil (shooting)
- Bhamidipati Sai Praneeth (badminton)
- Tajinder Pal Singh Toor (athletics)
- Pramod Bhagat (para sports-badminton)
- Harmeet Rajul Desai (table tennis)
- Pooja Dhanda (wrestling)
- Fouaad Mirza (equestrian)
- Simran Singh Shergill (polo)
- Poonam Yadav (cricket)
- Swapna Burman (athletics)
- Sundar Singh Gurjar (para sports-athletics)
- Gaurav Singh Gill (motorsports)
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31