Daily Current Affairs 26 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Book ‘The New Delhi Conspiracy’
- Book ‘The New Delhi Conspiracy’ is authored by Meenakshi Lekhi.
- Meenakshi Lekhi is an Indian politician belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party and is a Member of Parliament from New Delhi constituency in the 16th Lok Sabha.
- She is the national spokesperson of Bharatiya Janata Party and a Supreme Court of India lawyer.
2. Central Command Centre for Air Traffic Flow Management
- Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has inaugurated ‘Central Command Centre for Air Traffic Flow Management’ (C-ATFM) in New Delhi.
- Aim :- Balance the capacity against demand to achieve optimum utilization of airport, airspace and aircraft.
3. Next chief of Research and Analysis Wing
- Samant Goel has been appointed as the next chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
- The Research and Analysis Wing is the foreign intelligence agency of India.
- It was established in 1968 following the intelligence failures of the Sino-Indian War, which persuaded the Government of India to create a specialised, independent agency dedicated to foreign intelligence gathering; previously, both domestic and foreign intelligence had been the purview of the Intelligence Bureau.
- Headquarters:- New Delhi
1. International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is a United Nations International Day against drug abuse and the illegal drug trade. It is observed annually on 26 June, since 1989.
- The observance was instituted by General Assembly Resolution 42/112 of 7 December 1987.
- Theme: Health for Justice. Justice for Health
2. DD India in Bangladesh and South Korea
- DD India channel will be broadcasted in Bangladesh and South Korea.
- The MoU was signed between Prasar Bharati of India and ‘BTV World’ of Bangladesh and ‘KBS World’ of South Korea.
- Bangladesh :- Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi Taka || Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
- South Korea :- Capital: Seoul || Currency: South Korean won || President: Moon Jae-in
3. New CEO of Warner Bros
- Warner Media has named Ann Sarnoff as the CEO of Warner Bros.
- Sarnoff will be the first woman to hold the position at the company.
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., commonly referred to as Warner Bros. and abbreviated as WB, is an American entertainment company headquartered in Burbank, California and a subsidiary of AT&T’s Warner Media.
1. NABCB gets APAC certificate
- ‘National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies’ (NABCB) has got Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation Certification.
- The National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB), India’s national accreditation body, has secured equivalence for its accreditation programme for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) Certification Bodies in Asia- Pacific region.
- NABCB is responsible for the accreditation of certification/inspection bodies as per applicable international standards under an international system of equivalence.
2. ‘Complaint Management System’
- ‘Complaint Management System’ is a software application to facilitate grievance redressal processes of RBI.
- It was launched by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- Shaktikanta Das is a retired 1980 batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Tamil Nadu cadre. Currently serving as the 25th governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
3. Larsen and Toubro with Mindtree
- Larsen and Toubro has acquired a controlling 51% stake in IT services company Mindtree.
- Mindtree Limited is an Indian multinational information technology and outsourcing company headquartered in Bengaluru, India and New Jersey, USA. Founded in 1999.
- CEO of Mindtree: Rostow Ravanan
- Larsen & Toubro Limited, commonly known as L&T Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It was founded by two Danish engineers taking refuge in India.
4. National Electricity Distribution Company Limited
- National Thermal Power Corporation and PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited to set up a Joint Venture ‘National Electricity Distribution Company Limited’.
- It will undertake the business for distribution of electricity.
- NEDCL will be owned by NTPC and PGCIL on 50:50 equity basis.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
- The Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, is an Indian state-owned electric utilities company headquartered in Gurugram, India. POWERGRID transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network.
1. 2034 Football World Cup
- South-East Asian countries will jointly bid to host the 2034 Football World Cup.
- Earlier Japan and South Korea were joint hosts in 2002.
- Qatar will host Football World Cup in 2022.
2. Fernando Torres retires
- Fernando Torres is a Spanish professional footballer who played as a striker for J1 League club Sagan Tosu and the Spain national team.
- He started his career with Atlético Madrid, progressing through their youth system to the first-team squad.
3. 2023 International Olympic Committee Session
- India has proposed to host International Olympic Committee Session 2023 in Mumbai.
- IOC Session 2023 is expected to choose host city for 2030 Winter Olympics.
- IOC :- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Thomas Bach || Honorary President: Jacques Rogge || Director General: Christophe De Kepper || Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France || Founders: Pierre de Coubertin, Demetrius Vikelas
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30