Daily Current Affairs 26 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Shaurya’ with Assam Rifles
- ICGS ‘Shaurya’ and Assam Rifles have signed ‘Affiliation Charter’ in Shillong.
- Aim :- To enhance inter-armed forces cooperation.
- Assam Rifles:- Headquarter: Shillong || Director General: Lt Gen SukhdeepSangwan
- Indian Coast Guard:- Headquarter: New Delhi || Director General: Rajendra Singh
2. India-China Border Personnel Meet
- India-China Border Personnel Meet between armies was held in Ladakh.
- Border Personnel Meeting points are locations along the disputed Sino-Indian border where the armies of both countries hold ceremonial and practical meetings to resolve border issues and improve relations.
- Indian Army:- Chief of Army Staff: General BipinRawat || Motto: Service Before Self || Headquarters: New Delhi
3. Chandrani Murmu Politician
- Chandrani Murmu is an Indian politician. She was elected to the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Parliament of India from Keonjhar, Odisha in the 2019 Indian general election as a member of the Biju Janata Dal.
- Chandrani Murmu is the youngest Indian Member of Parliament of India.
4. Zakir Musa was killed
- The chief of Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind, Zakir Musa was killed in an encounter with security forces in Pulwama.
- Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind is a militant islamic jihadi organization and Al-Qaeda cell in Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir led by Zakir Rashid Bhat.
1. Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Mass Media Forum
- A delegation from Information and Broadcasting Ministry of India has participated in the 2nd Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Mass Media Forum at Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan.
- Aim :- To strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China.
2. India and Japan with Sri Lanka
- India and Japan will build Sri Lanka to build a container terminal at the port in Colombo.
- Sri Lanka will control 51% of the project and the rest with India and Japan jointly.
- Sri Lanka :- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: RanilWickremesinghe
3. New Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea
- Sir Julius Chan will become prime minister of Papua New Guinea for the 3rd time after the resignation of Peter O’Neill.
- Capital: Port Moresby || Currency: Papua New Guinean kina || Continent: Oceania
4. Ballistic Missile Shaheen-II
- Pakistan military has test-fired ballistic missile Shaheen-II.
- The range of the missile is up to 1500 km.
- President: Arif Alvi || Capital: Islamabad || Prime minister: Imran Khan || Currency: Pakistani rupee
1. Asian Development Bank with Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC)
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation has signed an loan agreement with Asian Development Bank for railway track electrification.
- ADB is going to provide $750 million long-term financing.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
2. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone will set up its first container terminal outside India in Myanmar.
- It is estimated at the cost of Rs 2000 crore.
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited is India’s largest private multi-port operator. It is a part of the Adani Group, an integrated infrastructure corporation. The company which was earlier known as Mundra Port and Special Economic Zone Limited, changed name to its present name on January 6, 2012.
3. Smart Cities India 2019 Expo
- The 5th Smart Cities India 2019 Expo was inaugurated in New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It was organized by India Trade Promotion Organization(ITPO) and Exhibitions India Group.
4. Tractors and Farm Equipment Ltd (TAFE)’s Brand Ambassador
- TAFE has roped in Actor Akshay Kumar as its brand ambassador.
- Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited, is a tractor manufacturer in Chennai, India.
- Parent organization: Amalgamations Group || CEO: Mallika Srinivasan || Founder: S. Anantharamakrishnan || Founded: 1960
1. Mountaineer Priyanka Mohite
- Mountaineer Priyanka Mohite has become first Indian woman to scale world’s fifth highest peak, Mount Makalu.
- Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world at 8,485 metres. It is located in the Mahalangur Himalayas 19 km southeast of Mount Everest, on the border between Nepal and Tibet Autonomous Region, China.
2. French Football
- Ligue 1 :- Winner: Paris Saint-Germain || Runner-up: LOSC
- Coupe de France :- Winner: Rennes || Runner-up: Paris Saint-Germain
- Ligue 1, also called Ligue 1 Conforama for sponsorship reasons with Conforama, is a French professional league for men’s association football clubs. At the top of the French football league system, it is the country’s primary football competition.
3. UEFA Europa League
- The UEFA Europa League is an annual football club competition organised by UEFA since 1971 for eligible European football clubs. Clubs qualify for the competition based on their performance in their national leagues and cup competitions.
- The final will be played between Chelsea and Arsenal at the Olympic Stadium in Baku.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31