Daily Current Affairs 26 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. One Touch ATVM
- Indian Railways has launched ‘One Touch ATVM’ over Mumbai Suburban Network under Central Railway.
- Indian Railways is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth largest railway network in the world by size, with a route length of 67,368-kilometre and total track length of 121,407-kilometre as of March 2017.
2. Data on Police Organizations (DoPO 2018)
- Bureau of Police Research and Development has compiled its flagship publication ‘Data on Police Organizations’ (DoPO 2018) in New Delhi.
- It is released by Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G. Kishan Reddy
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development, was set up on 28 August 1970 in furtherance of the objective of the Government of India for the modernisation of police forces. It has evolved as a multifaceted, consultancy organisation.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || General nature: Federal law enforcement || Governing body: Government of India || Founded: 28 August 1970
3. Asia Health- 2019 conference
- The first edition of Asia Health-2019 conference was held in New Delhi.
- It is organized by the National Health Authority and Confederation of Indian Industry.
- Theme: ‘Serving the World’s Fastest Growing Region through Healthcare Convergence’.
1. Sakharov Prize
- European Parliament has awarded Sakharov Prize to Ilham Tohti (Uighur).
- The Uyghurs, alternately Uygurs, Uighurs or Uigurs, are a minority Turkic ethnic group originating from and culturally affiliated with the general region of Central and East Asia. The Uyghurs have been recognized as native to only one region, the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China.
- The Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought, commonly known as the Sakharov Prize, honours individuals and groups of people who have dedicated their lives to the defense of human rights and freedom of thought.
2. Ease of Doing Business Ranking
- World Bank has released Ease of Doing business Rankings among 190 countries.
- 1. New Zealand
- Somalia retained 190th spot in the ranking.
- India has been ranked at 63rd among 190 countries.
- Two more cities Bengaluru and Kolkata in addition to Delhi and Mumbai are surveyed.
3. Indo-French knowledge summit 2019
- The 2nd edition of the Indo-French knowledge summit 2019 held in University of Lyon, France.
- France: President: Emmanuel Macron || Capital: Paris
1. ‘i-SERV’ Platform
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance has launched video calling service ‘i-SERV’ to enhance customer service experience.
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited owned by the Bajaj Group of India and Allianz SE, a European financial services company. Being one of the private insurance companies in India, it offers insurance products for financial planning and security.
- CEO: Tarun Chugh || Headquarters: Pune || Founded: 2001
2. DigiDhan Mission Fin-tech Award 2018-2019
- BharatPe has won the DigiDhan Mission Fin-tech Award 2018-2019 at the MeitY Start-up Summit 2019 held in Delhi.
- It was given for Innovation in Digital Payments through Emerging Technology.
- BharatPe is a financial technology (Fintech) startup that provides a one-stop solution for merchants to collect UPI payments via multiple payment apps in India. Merchants can start receiving payments to their bank accounts instantly, once they have signed up for this simple quick response code (QR code).
3. Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) 2019
- Wipro Ltd has been selected as a member of Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) 2019.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI), one of the world’s leading index providers, together with SAM, the business unit within RobecoSAM, which specializes in providing Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data, ratings, and benchmarking, has today announced the results of the annual Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) review.
- WIPRO Group is an Indian multinational corporation that provides information technology, consulting and business process services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. In 2013, Wipro separated its non-IT businesses and formed the privately owned Wipro Enterprises.
- CEO: Abidali Neemuchwala || Founder: M.H. Hasham Premji || Owner: Azim Premji
4. Pine Labs with SBI
- Pine Labs has partnered with SBI for EMI facility for its debit card customers.
- Pine Labs obsess about merchants’ needs, revenue generation strategies, last-mile retail transaction technologies, data analysis and experiences for their shoppers and customers.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body. It is a government corporation statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI is ranked as 236th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2019.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20
- Winner: Karnataka
- Runner-up: Tamil Nadu
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy, also known as the Ranji One-Day Trophy, was started in 2002–03 as a limited-overs cricket domestic competition involving state teams from the Ranji Trophy plates. It is named after the famous Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare. Tamil Nadu is the most successful team having won the trophy 5 times.
2. World Deaf Tennis Championship
- Prithvi Sekhar has defeated Jaroslav Smedek in men’s final of World Deaf tennis championship in Antalya, Turkey.
- Prithvi Sekhar is an Indian male deaf tennis player. He has represented India at the Deaflympics in 2013 and 2017. He claimed a bronze medal in the mixed doubles at the 2017 Summer Deaflympics partnering with Jafreen Shaik.
3. Rajasthan Royals’ new Head Coach
- IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals have appointed Andrew Barry McDonald as new head coach.
- The Rajasthan Royals are a franchise cricket team based in Jaipur, Rajasthan, that plays in the Indian Premier League. Founded in 2008 as one of the initial eight IPL franchises, the Royals are owned by Manoj Badale. The Royals are sometimes considered as the “moneyball” team of the IPL.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31