Daily Current Affairs 26 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Pradhan Mantri MatruVandana Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri MatruVandana Yojana crosses one crore beneficiaries.
- Pradhan Mantri MatruVandana Yojana is a direct benefit transfer scheme under which cash benefits are provided to pregnant women in their bank account directly to meet enhanced nutritional needs and partially compensate for wage loss.
2. UMMID Initiative
- ‘UMMID’ (Unique Methods of Management and treatment of Inherited Disorders) initiative designed on the concept of ‘prevention is better than cure’ to make efforts to counter Genetic Diseases inherited by new born babies.
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan has launched ‘UMMID’ initiative.
- He also inaugurated ‘NIDAN’ (National Inherited Diseases Administration) Kendras in New Delhi.
3. Book ‘Girl Power: Indian Women Who Broke The Rules’
- Book ‘Girl Power: Indian Women Who Broke The Rules‘ written by author Neha J Hiranandani.
- It is about the stories/achievements of 50 Indian women role models.
4. Book ‘India in the Persianate Age: 1000-1765’
- Book ‘India in the Persianate Age: 1000-1765’ is authored by USA based professor and author Richard M Eaton.
- It focuses on Persian culture and also about the civilisations, architecture, upheavals, and the art of the Indian subcontinent between 11th and 18th centuries.
5. INS Khanderi
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd handed over Scorpene submarine ‘Khanderi’ to the Indian Navy.
- Mazagon Dock Limited is a shipyard situated Mazagaon, Mumbai. It manufactures warships and submarines for the Indian Navy and offshore platforms and associated support vessels for offshore oil drilling. It also builds tankers, cargo bulk carriers, passenger ships and ferries.
- INS Khanderi is the second of the Indian Navy’s six Kalvari-class submarines being built in India. It is a diesel-electric attack submarine which is designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS and being manufactured at Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai.
1. 2019 Right Livelihood Award
- Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has been awarded Right Livelihood Award 2019, also known as Sweden’s ‘alternative Nobel Prize’.
- On 23 September 2019, Thunberg addressed the assembled world leaders at the 2019 UN Climate Action Summit held in New York City. Accusing world leaders of stealing her dreams and her childhood by their inaction on climate change, she opened her speech to the General Assembly with an impassioned introduction, which was widely covered by the media.
- The Right Livelihood Award is an international award to “honour and support those offering practical and exemplary answers to the most urgent challenges facing us today.”
2. First Governor of the USA state to visit India
- Governor of New Jersey Phil Murphy had visited India with focus on inviting companies to invest and create jobs.
- Phil Murphy has become the first Governor of the USA state to visit India.
- New Jersey is a north-eastern U.S. state. || Capital: Trenton
3. International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons
- The General Assembly of UN commemorates 26 September as the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons.
- Achieving global nuclear disarmament is one of the oldest goals of the United Nations. It was the subject of the General Assembly’s first resolution in 1946, which established the Atomic Energy Commission, which was dissolved in 1952, with a mandate to make specific proposals for the control of nuclear energy and the elimination of atomic weapons and all other major weapons adaptable to mass destruction.
4. World Maritime Day
- World Maritime Day is observed on 26th September by International Maritime Organization.
- The World Maritime Day theme for the year is “Empowering Women in the Maritime Community”.
- This provides an opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of gender equality, in line with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, and to highlight the important – yet under-utilized – contribution of women within the maritime sector.
1. First Indian Railways station to be awarded with Green Platinum Rating.
- Secunderabad Junction is the first Indian Railways station to be awarded with ‘Green Platinum rating’ by Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), Confederation of Indian Industries.
- The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) was formed by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in 2001. The council is based out of the CII Green Business Centre, Hyderabad which is India’s 1st Platinum rated green building. The vision of the council is to enable ‘Sustainable built environment for all.
- IGBC is the country’s premier body for green building certification and allied services.
2. New Chairman of AMFI
- Nilesh Shah has been appointed as Chairman of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- AMFI: Founded: 1995 || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- The Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) is an industry standards organisation in India in the mutual funds sector. It was formed in 1995. Most mutual funds firms in India are its members. The organisation aims to develop the mutual funds market in India, by improving ethical and professional standards.
3. World’s Best ‘Regarded’ Companies List 2019 by Forbes
- 1. Visa
- 2. Ferrari
- 3. Infosys
- 5. Netflix
- 5. PayPal
- Seventeen Indian companies were listed in the Forbes World’s Best ‘Regarded’ Companies List 2019.
- Forbes is an American business magazine. Published bi-weekly, it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics. Forbes also reports on related subjects such as technology, communications, science, politics, and law. Its headquarters is located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Forbes: Editor-in-chief- Steve Forbes || Headquarters- Jersey City, New Jersey,America.
4. RBI bans PMC Bank
- RBI has prohibited Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank Limited (PMC) on business transactions of any kind for the next 6 months following the detection of alleged irregularities.
- The RBI has taken this action under section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- RBI: Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Bank rate: 5.65% || Interest on reserves: 4.00% || Headquarters: Mumbai || Reserve: 28.37 lakh crores INR (US$410 billion) || Founder: British Raj
5. Effective Corporate Tax Rate
- Effective corporate tax rate after surcharge will be 25.17% as Government has slashed basic corporate tax rate to 22% from 30% while for new manufacturing companies it has been cut down to 15% from 25%.
- A corporate tax, also called corporation tax or company tax, is a direct tax imposed by a jurisdiction on the income or capital of corporations or analogous legal entities. Many countries impose such taxes at the national level, and a similar tax may be imposed at state or local levels.
6. Assets of MSME not to be declared NPA
- Acc. to Finance Ministry, Public Sector Bank will not declare stressed assets of MSMEs as NPAs till March 31, 2020.
- It is a measure to lift up the economy by ensuring credit.
- A non-performing loan is a loan that is in default or close to being in default. Many loans become non-performing after being in default for 90 days, but this can depend on the contract terms.
1. IBSF World 6 Reds championships 2019 Title
- Snooker player Laxman Rawat won the men’s title after defeating Muhammad Asif of Pakistan at the Myanmar Open Billiards.
- Myanmar: Capital: Naypyitaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President: Win Myint
2. Asian Senior Men’s Volleyball Championship
- The 20th Asian Senior Men’s Volleyball Championship for 2019 was held in Tehran, Iran.
- Winner: Iran.
- Runner-up: Australia.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26 September
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30