Daily Current Affairs 26 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Neta-Leaders App
- National Electoral Transformation (NETA) App to rate Members of Parliaments and Members of Legislative Assembly.
- Pranab Mukherjee launched the App.
2. INS Vikramaditya Upgradation
- INS Vikramaditya will be upgraded with a marine hydraulic system.
- Technodinamika (Russia)will install the system in the INS Vikramaditya.
3. Ministry of Defence’s acquisitions.
- Defence Acquisition Council has approved acquisitions worth about RS 46,000 crore.
- DAC was chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
1. Asia Game Changer of the Year award
- PepsiCo’s India-born CEO Indra Nooyi will be honoured with the 2018 Asia Game Changer of the Year award.
- This award is presented by global cultural organisation Asia Society.
2. ReMix an in-body GPS system
- ReMix an in-body GPS system which will be helpful in tracking tumours
- It is developed by scientists from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Massachusetts General Hospital, USA.
3. Prasar Bharati with Myanmar Media Group
- Prasar Bharati and Mizzima Media Group inducted an MOU for mutual coopration.
- The aim is to have environment for content-sharing covering a wide range of genres.
1. Best state-owned bank in terms of digital transactions
- Department of Financial Services report has ranked Punjab National Bank as the best state-owned bank in terms of digital transactions.
- Punjab National Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company. It is a state-owned corporation based in New Delhi, India. The bank was founded in 1894.
2. New DRDO Chairman
- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy has appointed as DRDO India.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Republic of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
3. Phone Calls on flights
- According to Department of Telecommunications, People may be allowed to use phone-calls and internet during flights from October.
- The Department of Telecommunications, abbreviated to DoT, is a department of the Ministry of Communications of the executive branch of the Government of India.
1. Asian Games-2018
- Japanese swimmer Rikako Ikee became the first woman athlete to bag six gold medals at a single edition of Asian Games.
- The Indian women’s hockey team booked a place in the semi-finals
- Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa bagged a bronze medal each in the women’s singles squash event.
2. Asian Games-2018-Athletics
- Hima Das bagged silver in the women’s 400m event at Asian Games.
- Dutee Chand won India’s first Asian Games medal in the women’s 100m spint.
- Muhammed Anas bagged silver medal in the men’s 400m event at the Asian Games 2018.
3. Chess: Sinquefield Cup
- Magnus Carlsen had a draw with Fabiano Caruana
- Viswanathan Anand had a draws with Alexander Grischuk in the 7th round of the Sinquefield Cup.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15