Daily Current Affairs 26 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. 25% jump in seizure of illicit liquor in Delhi every year
- Country-made liquor, brewed in Haryana, has seen an annual increase of 25% in seizure over the past two years.
- 4.36 lakh bottles were seized this year which is nearly 25% more than the 3.50 lakh bottles seized last year.
2. Rupani takes oath as Gujarat CM for 2nd consecutive term
- BJP MLA Vijay Rupani who won from Rajkot West constituency took oath in the state capital Gandhinagar.
- 19 other ministers, along with Deputy CM Nitin Patel, also took oath.
3. Bengaluru becomes 1st Indian city to have its own logo
- The red and the black logo is part English and part Kannada.
- Bengaluru joins a select group of global tourism destinations like New York City, Melbourne and Singapore to have a tourism logo of its own.
4. India’s first runway on ‘sea bridge’ in Lakshadweep
- The task will be carried out by building an RCC platform on the beach and shallow area which will allow bigger ATRs to operate on the island.
- The project will cost about Rs.1500 cr.
1. N Korea asks US to prove WannaCry ransomware attack claim
- North Korean ambassador Pak Song-il has asked the US to provide evidence to support their claims holding N Korea responsible.
- He called the allegation an effort to create an extremely confrontational atmosphere.
2. World’s longest glass bridge opens in China
- Located in Shijiazhuang, the bridge has a capacity to hold 2000 people at a time.
- The bridge is 488 meters long and two meters wide, with two dragon statues on top that could produce smoke.
3. Singapore’s Deputy PM to join Sushma Swaraj at ASEAN-India PBD
- Teo Chee Hean will join India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj for a two-day ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Singapore next month.
- The PBS is celebrated every year to mark the contribution of overseas Indian community in the development of India.
1. Sensex closes above 34,000
- BSE Sensex rose 70 points to close at 34,010 while Nifty rose 38 points to close at 10,531.
- Bharti Airtel, YES Bank and Ambuja Cements gained most while NTPC, SBI and Coal India were the top losers.
2. Honda to set up electric car battery plant in India
- It is involved in building up of electric vehicle strategy for the Indian market.
- In an announcement, Honda said – By 2030, electric cars will comprise 65% of the company’s overall sales.
3. Govt asks public sector banks to close loss-making branches
- The Finance Ministry has asked the banks to discuss consolidation of overseas branches and take a final call on closing some unviable operations.
- Bank of Baroda has a presence across 25 countries while SBI has offices across 36 countries.
1. India jump to No.2 in T20I rankings post SL series
- India went ahead of England, New Zealand and Windies while they remain behind Pakistan in the rankings.
- Yuzavendra Chahal’s eight wickets in the series helped him jump 14 slots to reach the 16th position in T20I bowling rankings.
2. Saudi Arabia bars Israel from taking part in Chess Championship
- The players have been denied visas by Saudi Arabia.
- World Chess Federation has said in November it was undertaking a effort to ensure all players were granted visas.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 26 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15