Daily Current Affairs 26 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1.BioAsia 2018 held in Hyderabad.
- The annual flagship event of the Government of Telangana, the 15th edition of BioAsia, was held in Hyderabad. The theme of BioAsia 2018 was “Right Time, Right Now.”
- Ireland, Netherlands and South Africa were the International partners while Gujarat, Assam and Rajasthan were the partner states for this event.
2.PM inaugurates projects worth 1,000 crores in Daman.
- PM distributed keys for scooters to differently-abled beneficiaries, ‘SWABHIMAN’ cards to pregnant and lactating women, ‘Badhai Kit’ to the newly born girl children under ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’.
- The PM also distributed permits for CNG driven public transport vehicles for a cleaner environment in Daman.
3.Andaman & Nicobar command to host Milan 2018.
- Andaman & Nicobar will be hosting a multinational mega event MILAN 2018.
- MILAN is a congregation of littoral navies conducted biennially by Indian Navy at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
4.Test flight of Rustom-2 drone successfully carried by DRDO.
- DRDO has successfully flown its Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle RUSTOM 2 in Karnataka.
- It has the capability to fly for 24 hours at a stretch at over 200 km/hr speed.
1.Meeting on Nepal-India relations concludes.
- The seventh meeting of Eminent Persons Group(EPG) on Nepal-India relations has concluded in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- EPG is a joint mechanism consisting experts and intellectuals from India and Nepal. Next meeting will be held in New Delhi.
2.US airport introduces weed disposal bins to curb smuggling.
- The McCarran International Airport in Nevada, US has introduced 13 marijuana disposal bins to curb the smuggling of the recreational drug across state borders.
- The bins, which are bolted to the ground, are designed in a way to prevent tampering Colorado had also installed similar bins after that state legalized marijuana in 2012.
3.Saudi Arabia allows women to join armed forces.
- Saudi Arabia’s General Security allowed women aged between 25 and 35 to apply for the rank of soldier program launched by Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.
- However, Saudi women will have to fulfil 12 conditions including a mandatory medical checkup and a good weight to height ratio.
4.US should lower the threshold for N Korea talks: S Korea President.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in called on the North Korean regime to show willingness towards denuclearization, urging the US to lower threshold for talks with N Korea.
- The US has in past said that the talks would only be possible if N Korea abandons its nuclear and missile programmes.
1.Mumbai has world’s highest-paid expats: Survey.
- A survey by HSBC observed that Mumbai is home to the world’s highest earning expatriates.
- Shanghai, Jakarta and Hong Kong were the other Asian cities among the top 10 expat salary rankings.
2.UP sugar firm booked for cheating bank.
- A case has been registered against UP based Simbhaoli Sugars by CBI for cheating the Oriental Bank of Commerce of Rs.109 crore.
- The CBI has named the BSE-listed company’s CMD, deputy MD and eight others including the CFO in its FIR.
3.Retaining Air India staff diminishes bid value: Turkish firm.
- Turkey’s Celebi said that the national carrier’s bid value will fall if buyers are asked to retain the employees.
- Celebi said if the firm wins the bid for the subsidiary, it may take 5-10 years to integrate fully.
4.Govt released list of high-risk finance companies.
- A list of nearly 9,500 Non-Banking Financial Companies(NBFCs) has been released by the Finance Ministry which have been categorized as ‘High-Risk Financial Institutions’.
- Adani Capital, Cello Capital and DLF Finvest are some of the companies listed by the Financial Intelligence Unit.
1.Aruna Budda, First Indian to win individual medal at Gymnastics WC.
- Aruna Budda has become the first Indian to win an individual medal at the Gymnastics WC in Melbourne, Australia.
- She won a Bronze medal in the Women’s Vault.
2.Sameer Verma won the men’s singles title at Swiss Open Super 300 tournament.
- Indian shuttler Sameer Verma clinched men’s singles title at the $150,000 Swiss Open Super 300 tournament. This is Verma’s first title of the year.
- K Shrikanth and HS Prannoy have also the Swiss Open earlier.
3.Vikas Krishan named as the best boxer of tournament in Bulgaria.
- Indian boxer Vikas Krishan won a gold medal and was named as the best boxer of the tournament at the 69th Strandja Memorial boxing tournament in Bulgaria.
- The Indian contingent at the tournament ended with overall 11 medals, including a silver medal for five-time world champion Mary Kom.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26