Daily Current Affairs 26 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Stamp Act, 1899
- President Kovind has gave his assent to the amendments in the Indian Stamp Act, 1899.
- It will rationalise and harmonise the system of levying stamp duty and help curb tax evasion.
2. Mining of Rare Earth Minerals
- Government has banned Private Companies from mining rare earth minerals found in the beach sands.
- These are present along the coastlines of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Odisha.
- A rare-earth mineral contains one or more rare-earth elements as major metal constituents. Rare-earth minerals are usually found in association with alkaline to peralkaline igneous complexes
3. National War Memorial
- PM Modi has inaugurated the National War Memorial spread over 40 acres in the India Gate complex, New Delhi.
- The names of 25942 battle casualties have been inscribed across 16 walls bearing the name, rank and regiment of the heroes.
4. National Conference on Logistics Policy
- The National Conference on Logistics Policy was held in New Delhi.
- The aim is on consultation for the draft logistics policy prepared by the Department of Logistics of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
1. Exercise Cobra Gold
- Thailand and the United States hosted the annual Cobra Gold military exercise in Thailand.
- It is one of world’s largest multinational military exercises in the Asia-Pacific region with 29 nations taking part as participants or observers.
2. Navy Drill ‘Velayat 97’
- Iran will be launching a 3-day annual navy drill named ‘Velayat 97’ in the Gulf and the Indian Ocean, including a sensitive global shipping route.
- Iran :- Capital – Tehran || Currency – Iranian Rial || President – Hassan Rouhani
3. Zimbabwe’s New Currency
- Zimbabwe has announced the discontinuation of its official currency, quasi-currency bond note and introduced a new Currency ‘RTGS dollar’ to solve currency problem in the country.
- USD to banks at a rate of 2.5 RTGS to the greenback.
4. FATF’s ‘Grey’ list
- FATF has kept Pakistan in ‘Grey’ list for failing to stop terror financing due to Pulwama attack.
- The Financial Action Task Force, also known by its French name, Groupe d’action financière, is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001 its mandate expanded to include terrorism financing.
1. Rail Drishti Dashboard
- Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal has launched Rail Drishti Dashboard.
- It encompasses all the digitisation efforts in Indian Railways and promoting transparency and accountability.
- URL :- raildrishti.cris.org.in
2. Adani Group to operate 5 airports
- Adani Enterprises is the highest bidder for airports in Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, and Lucknow.
- Adani Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was founded by Gautam Adani in 1988 as a commodity trading business with the flagship company Adani Enterprises Limited. Gautam Adani is the chairman.
3. Women’s Livelihood Bond
- World Bank, United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), and Small Industries Development Bank of India has launched Women’s Livelihood Bonds (WLBs) of Rs 300 crore.
- Enabling individual women entrepreneurs in likes of food processing, agriculture, services, and small units sectors to borrow around Rs 50000 to Rs 3 lakh.
4. Deloitte’s ‘WorldClass’ in India
- Deloitte has launched its global initiative ‘WorldClass’ in India for women empowerment.
- Deloitte is a multinational professional services network. Deloitte is one of the “Big Four” accounting organizations and the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and number of professionals.
1. New President of the Wrestling Federation of India
- Brijbhushan Sharan Singh was elected unopposed as the president of the Wrestling Federation of India for a third time.
- Headquarter of Wrestling Federation of India :- New Delhi
2. 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Tournament
- Andhra Pradesh has defeated Nagaland by 179 runs in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- It is the biggest ever victory in T20 cricket.
- The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is a Twenty20 cricket domestic championship in India, organized by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), among the teams from Ranji Trophy.
3. FIFA banned Chelsea FC
- FIFA’s disciplinary committee has banned Chelsea FC from signing players in next two transfer windows.
- Chelsea Football Club is a professional football club based in London, England, that competes in the Premier League, the highest tier of English football.
- The Premier League is the top level of the English football league system. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the English Football League. The Premier League is a corporation in which the member clubs act as shareholders.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26