Daily Current Affairs 26 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. JATAN: Virtual Museum software
- JATAN is a ‘Virtual Museum software’ is developed by Human Centres Design and Computing Group, C-DAC, Pune.
- Aim: Digitization of Archaeological Museum.
2. Important Awards
- Sangita Kala Acharya Awards : Seetha Narayanan and M.S. Sheela (Vocalists)
- TTK Awards : Vyasarpadi Kothandaraman (Nagaswaram player) and Rajkumar Bharathi (vocalist)
- Musicologist Award : Aarti N. Rao
- Nritya Kalanidhi Award (for Dance) : Priyadarshini Govind.
3. Space Warfare Exercise ‘IndSpaceEx’
- Indian armed forces are all set to conduct the first-ever simulated Space Warfare Exercise ‘IndSpaceEx’.
- This exercise will help India to prepare for future space wars.
- India became the fourth country to acquire the capability of space warfare after US, Russia and China.
- India had successfully conducted Mission Shakti by shooting down a live satellite in the low earth orbit (LEO).
4. Defence Industrial Corridors
- Government of India will set-up two Defence Industrial Corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu respectively.
- Aim: To cover Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) needs.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for the formulation and administration of rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises in India.
5. Kargil Vijay Diwas Day
- Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 26 July every year in honour of the Kargil War’s Heroes.
- This day is celebrated in the Kargil–Dras sector and the national capital New Delhi, where the Prime Minister of India pays homage to the soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate every year.
1. ‘Sonali’ Jute Poly Bags
- Scientists in Bangladesh have developed a converted Bio-Degradable Cellulose Sheets from Jute fibre named ‘Sonali’.
- Eco-friendly ‘Sonali’ Jute Poly Bags can be used in garments and food packaging work.
- India is the largest jute producing country in the world, with annual production estimated at more 1.968 million tonnes.
- Bangladesh. Bangladesh is the second largest producer of jute in the world, with annual production estimated at 1.349 million tonnes.
2. Non Aligned Movement Ministerial Meeting
- The Non Aligned Movement Ministerial Meeting was held in Caracas, Venezuela.
- India’s Permanent Representative to UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin represented India in the meeting.
- The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) is an international organization (group of countries) who do not want to be officially aligned (friends) with or against any major power bloc (group of countries).
- In 2018, the movement had 125 members and 25 observer countries. The group was started in Belgrade in 1961.
3. Global Innovation Index 2019
- The ‘Global Innovation Index’ is chartered for assessing the innovation capabilities of national economies worldwide.
- Theme: ‘Creating Healthy Lives – The Future of Medical Innovation’.
- India was ranked 52nd in 2019 with the score 36.58 out of 100 from 57th position in 2018.
- Top Three
- 1. Switzerland
- 2. Sweden
- 3. USA
- Yemen is at the bottom of the rankings.
- ‘Global Innovation Index’ is published annually by Cornell University, INSEAD and United Nations World Intellectual Property Organisation and GII Knowledge Partners.
1. India’s Growth Forecast by IMF
- According to IMF, India’s GDP growth is expected to grow by 7% in 2019-20 and 7.2% in 2020-21.
- The International Monetary Fund, also known as the Fund, is an international organization headquartered in Washington, D.C., consisting of 189 countries working to foster global monetary cooperation.
- CEO: Christine Lagarde || Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath || Managing Director: David Lipton
- Headquarters: Washington DC.
2. New Incharge of Monetary Policy Portfolio
- RBI has assigned BP Kanungo to run Monetary Policy Portfolio after the resignation of fellow Deputy Governor Viral Acharya.
- Members of MPC
- Governor of the Reserve Bank of India – Chairperson, ex officio – Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor of the Bank, in charge of Monetary Policy—Member, ex officio – BP Kanungo
- One officer of the Reserve Bank of India to be nominated by the Central Board – Member- Michael Patra
- Shri Chetan Ghate, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) – Member
- Professor Pami Dua, Director, Delhi School of Economics – Member
- Dr.Ravindra H. Dholakia, Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad – Member
3. Brand Ambassador of UP Yoddha Kabaddi Team
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador Of UP Yoddha.
- U.P. Yoddha is a franchise based in Greater Noida, powered by Kiran Kumar Grandhi of GMR Group and the team is returning for the sixth edition of the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League.
- Head coach: Jasvir Singh || Captain: Nitesh Kumar || Owner: Grandhi Mallikarjuna Rao || Sport: Kabaddi || Arena: Shaheed Vijay Singh Pathik Sports Complex || Founded: 2017
4. Google’s New Acquisition
- Google has acquired Israeli-US cloud storage start up ‘Elastifile’ for around $200 million.
- Startup Elastifile will join Google Cloud post-acquisition.
- Google Cloud CEO: Thomas Kurian.
1. Andres Iniesta as La Liga
- Former Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta has been named the latest La Liga Icon.
- The La Liga Icons initiative aims to expand La Liga brand through a strategy focused on digital circulation.
- The La Liga is the men’s top professional football division of the Spanish football league system.
2. Indian Cricketers’ Association
- BCCI has officially recognised Indian Cricketers’ Association (ICA) formed as per the board’s new constitution.
- Indian Cricketers’ Association (ICA) was formed on July 5, 2019 under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013.
- ICA is a non-profit company and is aimed at conserving the welfare of former players.
- Directors of ICA: Kapil Dev || Ajit Agarkar || Shantha Rangaswamy.
3. New Head Coach of Indian Table Tennis Team
- Table Tennis Federation of India has appointed Dejan Papic of Canada as the head coach of Indian Table Tennis Team.
- The Table Tennis Federation of India is the governing body for table tennis in India. The TTFI was established in 1926, and was a founding member of the International Table Tennis Federation. TTFI’s membership includes 32 state units and 37 institutions.
- President: Dushyant Chautala || Founded: 1926
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31