Daily Current Affairs 26 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. The first Tribal Queen of India
- Pallavi Durua, who belongs to Odisha’s Koraput district, was crowned as the first “Tribal Queen” at the Adi Rani Kalinga Tribal Queen competition held at Utkal Mandap.
- The prime objective of the event was to promote tribal art and culture.
2. International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: 26 June
- Ministry Of Social Justice & Empowerment Celebrates ‘International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking’ Today
- President also Presents ‘National Awards for Outstanding Services in the field of Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drug) Abuse’ on this day.
3. Ministry of Women and Child Development to organise POSHAN Abhiyaan TECH-THON
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development announced to organise a day-long Seminar on Technology Partnerships ‘TECH-THON’ for steering POSHAN Abhiyaan on June 28, 2018 at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi.
- POSHAN Abhiyaan, also known as National Nutrition Mission, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 8, 2018 in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan. The POSHAN Abhiyaan empowers the frontline functionaries such as the Anganwadi Workers and Lady Supervisors by providing them with Smartphones.
4. Ministry of Women and Child Development launches report on ‘Women in Prisons’
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched the report titled ‘Women in Prisons’.
- The report throws light on the condition of women in prisons and their entitlements; issues faced by them and possible methods for resolution of the same.
1. India, Seychelles sign 6 MoUs for cooperation in various fields
- India and Seychelles signed six Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) to further expand bilateral ties between the two sides in various fields. These include areas of naval cooperation, cybersecurity, culture, development projects among others.
- Modi announced a line of credit worth for Seychelles for purchase of defence hardware. The Prime Minister also gifted Dornier Aircraft to President of Seychelles, an important step towards India’s commitment to augment Seychelles’ defence assets and capability.
2. The joint patrol exercise “Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT)”
- The naval forces of India and Bangladesh will conduct the joint patrol exercise “Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT)” in the Bay of Bengal from June 27, 2018.
- The first edition of 3-day naval exercise will be inaugurated by Admiral Sunil Lamba, Chief of the naval staff (CNS) of India, who is visiting Bangladesh.
3. US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the first marijuana-based medicine
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the first marijuana-based medicine in the country which will be used in the treatment of epilepsy.
- The drug Epidiolex developed by UK-based firm GW Pharmaceuticals. The drug will be used to treat seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) and Dravet syndrome in patients.
1. Market cap of Bajaj Finserv crosses Rs 1 trillion mark
- In the current calendar year 2018, Bajaj Finserv has outperformed the market by surging 20% as compared to 4.5% rise in the S&P BSE Sensex.
- Bajaj Finserv stands at number 29th position in overall market-cap ranking against at number 35 rank at beginning of CY18.
2. Tata Motors to invest huge amount on Jaguar Land Rover
- Tata Motors owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) plans heavy investments of £13.5 billion (around INR 1.2 lakh crore). This investment will be spread over a period of 3 years and will be directed towards launch of new products, enhanced technological developments and capacity addition.
- JLR currently has a portfolio of 12 products which will be taken upto 16 with the four new models being planned while the company is also targeting 99 different product actions by FY24.
3. IndiGo chief commercial officer Sanjay Kumar quits
- The chief commercial officer Sanjay Kumar has resigned, less than two months after president and whole-time director Aditya Ghosh put in his papers.
- IndiGo chief strategy officer William Boulter will take over as chief commercial officer on 15 July
4. Morgan Stanley raises $300 million for India focused infrastructure fund
- Morgan Stanley has raised close to $300 million in commitments for its India-focused infrastructure fund.
- Morgan Stanley is looking to raise around $600-700 million in total for the fund.
1. 45-yr-old El-Hadary oldest to play in a FIFA World Cup match
- Egyptian goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary, aged 45 years and 161 days, has become the oldest player to play a FIFA World Cup match.
- El-Hadary achieved the feat by featuring in the Group A match against Saudi Arabia .
2. Lewis Hamilton wins French Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton reclaimed the world championship lead with a dominant victory in the French Grand Prix.
- The Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton led from start to finish other than one lap around his pit stop to move 14 points ahead of Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, who finished fifth.
3. Umar Akmal summoned by PCB over spot-fixing claims
- The Pakistan Cricket Board has summoned wicketkeeper-batsman Umar Akmal after he claimed that he has had offers to miss World Cup matches against India.
- He was once offered $200,000 for missing two deliveries in a match. As per the rules, not reporting any approaches made to a player for fixing matches is also a punishable offence.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15