Daily Current Affairs 26 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1.PM GareebKalyan Scheme
- Government of India has launched PM GareebKalyan Scheme which will entail Rs 1.7 lakh crore.
- It’ll include both cash transfer and food security. This scheme will be targetting 80 crore people.
- The scheme will benefit the Poor by providing an ex-gratia of Rs 500 per month to 20.40 crores PMJDY women account-holders. The amount would be given for the next three months.
- he scheme will benefit the low wage-earners earning below Rs 15,000 per month in businesses comprising less than 100 workers. Government of India has proposed to pay 24% of their monthly wages into their PF accounts for the next three months.
- Under PM GaribKalyan Yojana, MNREGA wages would be increased by Rs 20 with effect from 1 April, 2020. Wage increase under MNREGA will provide an additional Rs 2,000 benefit annually to a worker.
- Provident scheme regulations will be amendment to allow non-refundable advance of 75 percent or three months’ wages, whichever is lower. This will benefit 4.8 crore workers who are registered with the EPF.
1. Priyanka Chopra with WHO
- Priyanka Chopra and WHO have collaborated to spread awareness over COVID-19.
- WHO: Head Quarters- Geneva, Switzerland || Director General- Dr.TedrosAdhanom
2. Global Network Resiliency Platform
- International Telecommunications Union will be launching ‘Global Network Resiliency Platform’ to help protect telecoms networks during the COVID-19 crisis.
- ITU: Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland || Founded-17 May 1865 || Head- Houlin Zhao
1. IRDAI’s committee on Corporate Governance at Insurers
- IRDAI has set up a 16-member committee to find ways to improve Corporate Governance systems of insurers.
- The committee will be headed by PravinKutumbe, member-finance and investment at IRDAI
- IRDAI: Founded: 1999 || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Science and Technology News
1. Hydroxychloroquine Medicine
- Government banned export of anti-malarial drug hydroxycloroquine in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak
- Hydroxychloroquine, sold under the brand name Plaquenil among others, is a medication used for the prevention and treatment of certain types of malaria. Specifically it is used for chloroquine-sensitive malaria. Other uses include treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and porphyria cutaneatarda.
2. COVID-19 self-screening bot by Microsoft
- The Centers for Disease Control has partnered up with Microsoft Azure’s Healthcare Bot service to create ‘Clara’, the Corona-virus self-checker.
- Microsoft Corporation: CEO- Satya Nadella || Founders- Bill Gates, Paul Allen
1. Walmart India CEO
- Sameer Aggarwal has been appointed as the CEO of Walmart India.
- President and CEO of Walmart Inc.: Doug McMillon
2. Mahindra Logistics CEO
- Mahindra Logistics has appointed V S Parthasarathy as its Chairman.
- VS Parthasarathy is currently the Group CFO and Group CIO of Mahindra & Mahindra
- Mahindra & Mahindra: CEO: Anand Mahindra || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. Abdul Latif passes away
- Former India footballer Abdul Latif has passed away.
- He was a member of India’s medal winning football team of Bangkok Asian Games in 1970.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. IIFTC Tourism Impact Award 2020
- India International Film Tourism Conclave (IIFTC) has honoured filmmaker Zoya Akhtar with IIFTC Tourism Impact Award 2020 for her outstanding contribution to the world tourism through her cinema.
- Zoya Akhtar is an Indian film director and screenwriter. After completing a diploma in filmmaking from NYU, she assisted directors such as Mira Nair, Tony Gerber and Dev Benegal, before turning writer-director in her own right. Akhtar is the recipient of several accolades, including three Filmfare Awards.
1. Footballer Sunil Chhetri with FIFA
- Indian footballer Sunil Chhetri has been chosen for FIFA campaign against Covid-19.
- President of FIFA: Gianni Infantino || Founded: 21 May 1904 || Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland.