Daily Current Affairs 26 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Shaukat Kaifi passes away
- Shaukat Kaifi, also credited as Shaukat Azmi, was an Indian theatre and film actress.
- She was the leader of the Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA) and the Progressive Writers Association (IWA).
2. Amaravati included in India map
- Amaravati included in India map as the capital of Andhra Pradesh by ‘The Survey of India’ which is India’s central engineering agency in charge of mapping and surveying
- The Survey of India is India’s central engineering agency in charge of mapping and surveying. Set up in 1767 to help consolidate the territories of the British East India Company, it is one of the oldest Engineering Departments of the Government of India.
- Headquarters: Dehradun || Founder: East India Company || Founded: 1767
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Biswabhusan Harichandan || Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
3. Sangai Festival 2019
- Sangai Festival 2019 has started in Manipur.
- It is named after the Manipur’s State Animal, Sangai, the brow-antlered deer.
- Manipur: Capital: Imphal || Governor: Najma Heptulla || Chief Minister: N. Biren Singh.
1. SCO forum of Young Scientists and Innovators 2020
- India will host the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Forum of Young Scientists and Innovators in 2020.
- Secretary-General of SCO: Vladimir Norov || Founded: 19 September 2003 || Headquarters: Beijing, China.
2. Prosperity & Inclusion City Seal and Awards (PICSA) Index
- The Prosperity & Inclusion City Seal and Awards (PICSA) Index was topped by Zurich, followed by Vienna and Copenhagen in the second and third place, respectively .
- The Prosperity & Inclusion City Seal and Awards (PICSA) Index is commissioned by Basque institutions and compiled by D&L Partners.
- Bengaluru has emerged as India’s highest ranked city at 83rd among 113 cities.
3. American Music Awards 2019
- American-Indian rapper Raja Kumari has become first Indian to host 2019 American Music Awards.
- Svetha Yellapragada Rao, professionally known as Raja Kumari is an Indian-American songwriter and singer from Claremont, California. Kumari is best known for her collaboration with notable artists including Gwen Stefani, Iggy Azalea, Fifth Harmony, Knife Party, Fall Out Boy.
1. Muthoot Finance to acquire IDBI Mutual Fund
- Muthoot Finance Ltd has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire IDBI Asset Management Ltd and IDBI Mutual Fund Trustee Company Ltd.
- It will purchase 100% equity shares of IDBI Asset Management and IDBI MF Trustee for a total consideration of Rs 215 crore.
- The Acquisition is expected to be completed by the end of February 2020.
2. Special Non-Resident Rupee Accounts (SNRR account)
- RBI has expanded the scope of Special Non-Resident Rupee Accounts (SNRR account) by permitting non-residents to open such account.
- It can be used for rupee-denominated overseas borrowings, trade credit and trade invoicing for popularising cross-border transactions in the domestic currency.
- SNRR accounts are designed for non-residents to enable them to undertake rupee transactions that are legally permitted.
- A task force on offshore rupee markets headed by former deputy governor UshaThorat had recommended measures to incentivise non-residents to access the onshore foreign exchange market.
3. Reliance as the World’s 6th Largest Oil Company
- Reliance Industries has overtaken British Petroleum Company to become the sixth-largest energy company in the world.
- 1. ExxonMobil of USA
- 2. Royal Dutch Shell of the Netherlands
- 3. Chevron Corporation of USA
1. World Athlete of the Year
- The World Athlete of the Year award is a prize that can be won by athletes participating in events within the sport of athletics organised by World Athletics (formerly IAAF), including track and field, cross country running, road running, and racewalking.
- Winner (Men): Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya
- Winner (Women): Dalilah Muhammad of USA
- Rising Star winners: Yaroslava Mahuchikh of Ukra
2. Golden Foot Award
- The Golden Foot award is an international football award, given to players who stand out for their athletic achievements (both as individuals and team players) and for their personality. The award is only given to active players of at least 28 years of age, and can only be won once.
- Winner: Luka Modric (Croatia) of Real Madrid
- Ten nominees are chosen by a panel of international journalists based on the criteria that they are at least 28 years of age and still playing. Out of this list, the winner is selected by an online poll, where anyone can vote.
- The winner of the award leaves a permanent mould of his footprints on “The Champions Promenade”, on the seafront of the Principality of Monaco.