Daily Current Affairs 26 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Western Railways to install 1,600 crore cameras at stations
- The high-end CCTV cameras will be installed at railways stations, foot over bridges and train compartments.
- The Railways has also proposed that 200 personnel be deployed at the stations to increase security.
2. Fadnavis orders banks to start farm loan waiver process
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis directed banks to start transferring the loan waiver amounts to farmers’ accounts.
- He held an emergency meeting after it was found that 30% bank data for loan waivers was inaccurate and the banks to provide clarity on the same.
3. Indian Army rescues US paraglider stuck at Himachal
- The US citizen got stuck at 15,000 feet from ground level in Kangra while paragliding.
- An Indian army helicopter was used to rescue the paraglider.
1. Saudi Arabia becomes 1st nation to give citizenship to robot
- The humanoid Sophia said that it is very honoured and proud for the unique distinction.
- Sophia added that it wants use its artificial intelligence to help humans live a better life.
2. Jacinda Ardern becomes NZ’s youngest PM in 150 yrs
- She is the country third woman and youngest Prime Minister in 150 years.
- Ardern will lead the three-party govt and has pledged to tackle climate change and eradicate child poverty.
3. India 2nd largest source country for migrants in Canada
- India accounts for 12.1% of the total number of migrants settling in Canada between 2011-16.
- Philippines is 1st on the list with China on the 3rd.
1. Uber introduces credit card to give reward points in US
- The credit card is called ‘Uber Visa’.
- The Uber Visa has no annual fee and users can earn $100 after spending $500 within the first 90 days.
2. Asia has more billionaires than the US
- The number of billionaires in Asia rose by 117 to 637 while US has 563 billionaires in 2016.
- However, US billionaires control the most wealth at $2.8 trillion.
1. Kohli overtakes Messi on Forbes list of most valuable brands
- Virat Kohli has been ranked 7th with brand value of $14.5 million and surpassed Lionel Messi($13.5 million).
- The list has been topped by tennis ace Roger Federer at $37.2 million.
2. Nissan to join electric racing series Formula E next year
- Japanese automaker Nissan will join Formula E next year at the start of its 5th season.
- The announcement comes after Renault,Nissan’s sister company, confirmed that it will be exiting the championship after the upcoming season.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15