Daily Current Affairs 26 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
26 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Group of Ministers (GoM) to counter sexual harassment at workplace
- Govt. constituted a Group of Ministers to prevent sexual harassment at workplace and to strengthen the legal framework to deal with.
- Head :- Rajnath Singh (Home Minister)
- Nitin Gadkari (Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation)
- Nirmala Sitharaman (Defence Minister)
- Maneka Gandhi (Minister for Women & Child Development)
2. Bharat Stage IV vehicles
- Supreme Court has decided to ban the sale and registration of Bharat Stage IV vehicles from 1st April 2020.
- Bharat stage emission standards (BSES) are emission standards instituted by the Government of India to regulate the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engines and Spark-ignition engines equipment, including motor vehicles.
3. Nuclear Energy Conclave
- Dr Jitendra Singh has inaugurated 10th Nuclear Energy Conclave in New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘Nuclear Power: Towards A Clean And Base Load Energy’
4. Railways’ UTS app
- UTS (Unreserved Ticketing System) mobile app will be available throughout India, from 1 November.
- Earlier it was launched in Mumbai for buying unreserved tickets.
1. India-Japan Annual summit
- PM Narendra Modi will be visiting Japan to take part in 13th annual summit between the two nations.
- The two-day summit beginning Sunday will seek to review the progress in ties and deepen strategic dimension of the bilateral relationship.
2. GOI with Israel Aerospace Industries
- It is a $777-million deal to obtain Barak 8 long-range Surface-to-air Defence Missiles and Missile Defence Systems for Indian Navy.
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) from India has partnered for the same with Israel Aerospace Industries.
3. World Agriculture Prize
- M.S. Swaminathan will be awarded with first World Agriculture Prize instituted by the Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) in New Delhi.
- VP Venkaiah Naidu will present the award.
- MS Swaminathan is an Indian geneticist and international administrator, renowned for his leading role in India’s Green Revolution, a program under which high-yield varieties of wheat and rice seedlings were planted in the fields of poor farmers.
4. Sittwe Port operationalisation
- India and Myanmar signed an MoU for the Operation and Maintenance of Sittwe Port, Paletwa Inland Water Terminal.
- Sittwe is the capital of Rakhine State, Myanmar. Sittwe is located on an estuarial island.
1. New MD and CEO of Paytm Payments Bank
- Satish Kumar Gupta has been appointed MD and CEO of Paytm Payments Bank.He will replace Renu Satti.
- Paytm Payments Bank:- Started – May 2017 || Corporate Address – Noida
2. Wipro’s New Independent Director
- Wipro has appointed Arundhati Bhattacharya as an Independent Director for five years.
- She also has been appointed as an independent director of Reliance Industries.
- She is also working in ChrysCapital(Equity Firm) as an adviser.
3. Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC) Portal
- Web portal of the ‘Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)’ has been launched by HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
- The web portal is available at: at www.sparc.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Partnar Institute – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur.
4. Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Teachers Award (2018)
- Ashis Mukherjee has been awarded ‘Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Teachers Award (2018)’.
- Ashis Mukherjee is professor from Tezpur University.
- The award founded by INSA, New Delhi.
5. JCB Prize for Literature
- Author ‘Benyamin’ is the winner of the first edition of the Rs 25 lakh JCB Prize for Literature, India’s Richest Literature Prize.
- Benyamin is the author of ‘Jasmine Days’.
1. North East Olympic Games 2018
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh has inaugurated the first edition of North East Olympic Games 2018 in Imphal.
- The Games are being organized under the aegis of the North East Olympic Association.
2. French Open BWF World Tour Super 750 tournament Badminton
- P V Sindhu advanced to the quarterfinals with a win over Japan’s Sayaka Sato.
- The French Open is an annual Badminton tournament held in France since 1909 and hosted by the Fédération française de badminton (FFBa).
3. Fifa rankings
- 1. Belgium
- 2. France
- 3. Brazil
- 4. Croatia
- 5. England
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15