Daily Current Affairs 26th 27th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26th 27th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26th 27th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26th 27th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First Dragonfly Festival of Kerala
- The first-ever state ‘Dragonfly Festival’ in Kerala will be observed by WWF-India Kerala State Office with the Society for Odonate Studies (SOS).
- Kerala: Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan || Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
2. Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC)–Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA)
- NITI Aayog will launch Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC)–Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA) India Component
- Aim: A platform in order to decarbonize transport in India.
1. Africa free from wild Polio
- World Health Organization has certified African continent free from wild Polio virus.
- Director-general of World Health Organization: Tedros Adhanom.
1. Shagun – Gift an insurance
- SBI General Insurance has launched ‘Shagun – Gift an insurance’ Scheme for its users.
- SBI General Insurance: Headquarters: Mumbai || MD and CEO: Prakash Chandra Kandpal.
2. Satellite data to assess creditworthiness of farmers
- ICICI Bank has become the 1st bank in India to use Satellite data to assess creditworthiness of farmers.
- The techniques to measure an array of parameters related to the land, irrigation and crop patterns and use it in combination with demographic and financial parameters of farmers.
- ICICI Bank MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi.
3. Debt and Credit Guarantee Product by NABARD
- NABARD has rolled out Debt and Credit Guarantee Product ‘Structured Finance and Partial Guarantee Program for Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC)-Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)’.
- Aim: ‘to offer undisturbed flow of credit to the last mile in rural areas hit by the pandemic.’
- Chairman of NABARD: Govinda Rajulu Chintala.
4. Liberty Savings Account
- Axis Bank has launched ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for the Indian Youth.
- Axis Bank: Headquarters: Mumbai || MD and CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
1. Indian Energy Exchange CEO resigns
- Indian Energy Exchange MD & CEO Rajiv Srivastava has resigned.
- The Indian Energy Exchange is an electronic system based power trading exchange regulated by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission. IEX started its operations on June 27, 2008.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
1. Book ‘Cricket Drona’
- Book ‘Cricket Drona’ has been authored by renowned coach Vasudev Jagannath Paranjpe (Vasoo).
2. Delhi Riots 2020: The Untold Story
- Garuda Prakashan will publish “Delhi Riots 2020: The Untold Story”
- ‘Delhi Riots 2020: The Untold Story’ is authored by advocate Monika Arora and Delhi University teachers Sonali Chitalkar and Prerna Malhotra.
1. MD and CEO of SBI Mutual Fund
- Vinay Tonse has been appointed as the new MD and CEO of SBI Mutual Fund.
- SBI Mutual Fund Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
1. Women’s Equality Day 2020
- Women’s Equality Day is being observed in the United States on August 26.
- The day is observed in the US to commemorate American women getting the constitutional right to vote.
2. World Water Week 2020
- The World Water Week 2020 is observed from 24th August to 28th August.
- It is observed as the World Water Week at Home (WWWeek at Home).
- Theme: ‘Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action’
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Gold Medal for India in Mental Calculations World Cup (MCWC)
- Neelakantha Bhanu Prakash has bagged the first-ever Gold Medal for India in Mental Calculations World Cup (MCWC) by Mind Sports Olympiad
2. Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020
- NITI Aayog has released the report on Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020 to evaluate the export preparedness and performance of Indian states.
- Top Three:
- 1. Gujarat
- 2. Maharashtra
- 3. Tamilnadu
1. First fast bowler to take 600 Test wickets
- James Anderson of England has become the first fast bowler to take 600 wickets in a Test Match Cricket.
- James Michael Anderson, OBE, is an English international cricketer who plays for Lancashire County Cricket Club and the England cricket team. Anderson is the all-time leading wicket-taker among fast bowlers and holds the record of most wickets for England in both Test and One-Day International cricket.