Daily Current Affairs 26th 27th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26th 27th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26th 27th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26th 27th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Rozgar Bazar Portal
- Delhi Government has launched ‘Rozgar Bazar’ Portal for Job Seekers.
- Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal
2. Macadamisation Program by J&K LG
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Girish Chandra Murmu has launched of ‘Macadamisation Program’.
- It is for the improvement of roads across Jammu and Kashmir.
3. Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has launched Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana.
- Electric potter wheels distributed to 100 trained artisans.
- Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission: Vinai Kumar Saxena.
1. Currency swap with Sri Lanka
- RBI has signed $400 million Currency Swap Agreement with Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka: President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa || Prime Minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa || Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte and Colombo || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee.
1. World’s 2nd most valuable energy firm
- Reliance Industries has overtaken ExxonMobil to become the world’s second most valuable energy company.
- Saudi Aramco is the most valuable energy company.
1. Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Kargil Vijay Diwas is a holiday observed in India on the 26th of July. On this date in 1999 india successfully took command of the high outposts Kargil.
- On July 26, 1999, the Indian Army had announced the successful culmination of ‘Operation Vijay’.
2. Raising Day of Central Reserve Police Force
- The 82nd Raising Day of Central Reserve Police Force was observed on 27 July.
- The Central Reserve Police Force is India’s largest Central Armed Police Force. It functions under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India. The CRPF’s primary role lies in assisting the State/Union Territories in police operations to maintain law and order and counter insurgency.
- Director General of Central Reserve Police Force: AP Maheshwari.
Agreements and MoUs
1. TRIFED with IIT-Delhi
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) has signed an MoU with IIT Delhi under Government’s ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’.
- Aim: To boost livelihood opportunities and income generation for tribal communities.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) Rankings
- According to Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) by Food and Agriculture Organization, India has been ranked third among the top 10 countries that have gained in forest areas in the last decade.
- Top Two: China and Australia respectively.
- Food and Agriculture Organization: Headquarters: Rome, Italy || Head: Qu Dongyu
1. Indian 4×400 mixed relay team’s 2018 Asian Games
- The Silver Medal of 4×400 mixed relay Indian team’s 2018 Asian Games Jakarta is upgraded to Gold Medal.
- It is followed by the disqualification of Bahrain squad that finished first in the 4×400 mixed relay final.
2. 2021 Khelo India Youth Games
- Haryana will host the 4th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games in 2021.
- Haryana: Governor: Satyadeo Narayan Arya || Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar.