Daily Current Affairs 26th-27th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26th 27th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26th 27th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26th 27th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Navigating the New Normal’ Campaign
- NITI Aayog has launched ‘Navigating the New Normal’ Campaign.
- It is in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Ashoka University, Centre for Social and Behavioural Change, and Health Ministry and Ministry of Women & Child Development.
- Aim: To spread the practise Covid-safe behaviours.
2. Product Application and Development Centre at Paradip
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated Indian Oil Product Application and Development Centre at Paradip, Odisha.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited, commonly known as IndianOil is an Indian government-owned oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi. It is the largest commercial oil company in the country.
- Chairperson: Sanjiv Singh || Headquarters: New Delhi
1. Pakistan in FATF Grey List
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has decided to keep Pakistan in its Grey List.
- The Financial Action Task Force, also known by its French name, Groupe d’action financière, is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001, its mandate was expanded to include terrorism financing.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || President: Xiangmin Liu
2. World’s first yoga university outside India
- The world’s first yoga university ‘Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU)’ outside India has been launched in Los Angeles, USA.
- International Day of Yoga globally on 21 June.
- Theme for 2020 is Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home.
3. Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) 2020
- The 45th edition Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) 2020 is to be held virtually.
- Actress Priyanka Chopra and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has been named among the 50 ambassadors at Toronto International Film Festival 2020.
1. ‘Yuva Pay’ Wallet
- Yes Bank has launched ‘Yuva Pay’ Digital wallet in partnership with UDMA Technologies.
- Yes Bank: CEO: Prashant Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Tagline: Experience our Expertise.
1. First State to amend Industries (Facilitation) Act For Small, Medium & Large-Scale Industries
- Karnataka has become the first State to amend Industries (Facilitation) Act For Small, Medium & Large-Scale Industries.
- Only Gujarat and Rajasthan are the two states in the country that have amended this Act for small scale industries.
- In Karnataka, It includes small, medium and large scale industries.
1. International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- The United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture is observed on 26 June.
- It is an international observance held annually on 26 June to speak out against the crime of torture and to honour and support victims and survivors throughout the world.
2. International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed annually on 26 June.
- Theme: ‘Better Knowledge for Better Care’.
3. MSME Day
- Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day is observed globally on 27th June.
- Aim: To raise public awareness of MSMEs contribution to sustainable development and the global economy.
1. Karate Association of India
- World Karate Federation has provisionally de-recognised the Karate Association of India with immediate effect.
- Reason: for infighting and violating the world body’s statutes.
- World Karate Federation: Headquarters– Madrid, Spain || President– Antonio Espinos
2. English Premier League 2019-20 title
- Liverpool has won the English Premier League 2019-20 title.
- Liverpool Football Club is a professional football club in Liverpool, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top tier of English football.
3. First female president of Marylebone Cricket Club
- Former England Women’s Captain Clare Connor will become the first female president of Marylebone Cricket Club replacing Kumar Sangakkara.
- Marylebone Cricket Club is a cricket club founded in 1787 and based since 1814 at Lord’s Cricket Ground, which it owns, in St John’s Wood, London. The club was formerly the governing body of cricket in England, Scotland and Wales, and still holds considerable global influence.