Daily Current Affairs 26th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 26th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 26th May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Industry status to Sports
- Mizoram Government has granted Industry status to sports.
- Aim: To invest more in sports in order to generate employment and increase value-chain.
- Chief Minister of Mizoram: Pu Zoramthanga || Governor: P.S. Sreedharan Pillai.
2. Indian Dispute Resolution Centre
- Former Supreme Court Judge Justice A K Sikri has inaugurated the Indian Dispute Resolution Centre (IDRC).
- Indian Dispute Resolution Centre (IDRC) provides a paperless dispute resolution environment.
- IDRC : Chairperson- Mehar S Rathi || Head Office- New Delhi
1. World Bank loan to Pakistan
- World Bank has approved USD 500 million loan for Pakistan.
- Pakistan: President : Arif Alvi || Prime Minister: Imran Khan || Capital: Islamabad || Currency: Pakistani rupee
- World Bank: Headquarters– Washington DC || Motto– Working for a World Free of Poverty || President– David Malpass.
1. ITC to acquire Sunrise Foods
- FMCG major ITC Ltd will acquire packaged spice-maker Sunrise Foods.
- ITC Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Established in 1910 as the Imperial Tobacco Company of India Limited, the company was renamed as the India Tobacco Company Limited in 1970 and later to I.T.C. Limited in 1974.
- CEO: Sanjiv Puri || Headquarters: Kolkata
2. New Brand by Salman Khan
- Actor Salman Khan has launched his own Grooming and Personal Care Brand FRSH.
- It has been co-created by Scentials Beauty Care and Wellness Pvt. Ltd, a beauty brand co-founded by former tennis professional Mahesh Bhupathi.
3. Aston Martin CEO to step down
- Aston Martin has announced that its CEO Andy Palmer will step down and will be replaced by CEO of Mercedes-AMG Tobias Moers.
- Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc is a British independent manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers. It was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford.
1. World Thyroid Day
- World Thyroid Day 2020 is observed on May 25.
- On May 25th the American Thyroid Association (ATA) in cooperation with the European Thyroid Association the Asia-Oceania Thyroid Association and the Latin American Thyroid Society, will make an extraordinary effort to do what we do year-round—focus attention on Thyroid.
1. UEFAs eEuro 2020 (Online)
- Online UEFAs eEuro 2020 Winner: Italy.
- Runner-up: Serbia
- Euro2020 postponed until next summer due to COVID-19.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,26th May