Daily Current Affairs 27th 28th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27th 28th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27th 28th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27th 28th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Largest power plant to achieve 100% plant load factor
- NTPC Vindhyachal has become the largest power plant to achieve a 100% plant load factor (PLF) of 100 per cent.
- It means that the power plant was run at its full capacity of 3760 MW for a certain period.
- NTPC: Headquarters: New Delhi || Gurdeep Singh (Chairman & MD)
2. Jivan Shakti Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh Government has launched ‘Jivan Shakti Yojana’ for women in urban areas can earn by making masks at home.
- Governor of Madhya Pradesh: Lal Ji Tandon.
3. Dhanwantari scheme
- Assam Govt has launched Dhanwantari scheme for home delivery of medicines.
- Assam : Capital- Dispur || CM- Sarbananda Sonowal || Governor- Jagdish Mukhi
1. China’s first Mars exploration mission
- China named its first Mars exploration mission as Tianwen-1.
- China : Capital– Beijing || Currency– Renminbi || President– Xi Jinping
2. World’s three biggest military spenders in 2019
- 1. USA with a total of $732 billion
- 2. China with a total of $261 billion
- 3. India with a total of $71.1 billion
- The report is published by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- SIPRI: Headquarters– Stockholm, Sweden || Chairman– Jan Eliasson
1. Special Liquidity Scheme for MSMEs
- Small Industries Development Bank of India launched Special Liquidity Scheme for MSMEs through banks including Small Finance Banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies and Microfinance Institutions (MFIs).
- It is with a 15,000-crore liquidity window announced by the Reserve Bank of India to meet the credit needs of MSMEs.
- SIDBI: Headquarters location: Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Mohammad Mustafa :Chairman and Managing Director
2. Special Liquidity Facility for Mutual Funds
- RBI has announced Rs 50000 crore Special Liquidity Facility for Mutual Funds.
- A mutual fund is an open-end professionally managed investment fund that pools money from many investors to purchase securities. These investors may be retail or institutional in nature.
1. Messenger Rooms by Facebook
- Facebook has rolled out a new video conferencing feature, ‘Messenger Rooms’ that can soon accommodate up to 50 people in a single video conference call.
- Facebook: || Mark Zuckerberg :CEO, Chairperson || Headquarters: California, United States
1. New Secretaries in different Ministries and Departments
- Tarun Bajaj will be Secretary Department of Economic Affairs in Ministry of Finance
- Ravi Mittal has been appointed as the Sports Secretary.
- Higher Education Secretary Amit Khare will hold additional charge of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Tarun Kapoor will be Secretary in Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas .
- CBSE Chairperson Anita Karwal has been appointed as Secretary School Education and Literacy.
1. International Workers’ Memorial Day
- International Workers’ Memorial Day takes place annually on April 28 around the world.
- It is an international day of remembrance and action for workers killed, disabled, injured, or made unwell by their work.
2. World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- The annual World Day for Safety and Health at Work on 28 April promotes the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally.
- Theme: ‘Stop the pandemic: Safety and health at work can save lives’.
3. World Immunization Week
- World Immunization Week 2020 is being observed from 24th April to 30th April 2020 by World Health Organization.
- Theme: #VaccinesWork for All
- Director-General of World Health Organization: Tedros Adhanom.
Agreements and MoUs
1. World Bank with Himachal Pradesh Government
- World Bank has approved Rs 585 crore for Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
- World Bank: Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- David Malpass (President) || Anshula Kant (MD and CFO) || Penny Goldberg (Chief Economist)
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Outstanding contribution Award by J&K UT Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Jammu and Kashmir UT has been awarded three national awards under separate categories for outstanding contribution by its Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- Lieutenant Governor : Girish Chandra Murmu
1. Sana Mir retires
- Former Pakistan cricket captain Sana Mir has announce her retirement.
- Sana Mir is a former Pakistani cricketer who served as a captain of the Pakistan national women’s cricket team in ODIs and T20Is. She played in 226 international matches, including 137 of those as captain of the side.