Daily Current Affairs 27 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Maharashtra to launch ‘Startup Week’
- It will provide a platform for the new companies to showcase their products and services.
- Top 100 ventures will be selected to present their solutions to a selected panel.
2. TN teachers protest over salary discrepancy
- 21,000 teachers went on a strike as teachers appointed after June 2009 receive lower salaries compared to those appointed earlier.
- The discrepancies are caused by the 6th pay commission.
3. Indu Malhotra appointed as SC judge
- She is the 1st woman lawyer to be directly appointed as the SC judge.
- This comes amid controversy over Centre’s rejection to elevate CJ KM Joseph.
1. India’ ranking in press freedom falls
- India is ranked at 138 in the Index that measures Media Freedom in the country.
- Norway has topped the list for the 2nd time.
2. World Intellectual Property Day observed
- The day highlights the role that intellectual property rights play in innovation and creativity.
- The theme for this year is ‘Powering Change:Women in Innovation and Creativity’.
3. Koreas Summit: Leaders pledge to bring formal end to Korean war
- The countries agreed to sign a treaty to end 65 yr long Korean war.
- This comes after a meeting between Kim Kong-un and Moon Jae-in.
4. Kuwait expels Philippine envoy
- This comes amid tensions between the nations over the treatment of Filipino domestic workers.
- The Filipino workers claimed that they were abused by their Kuwait employers.
1. Ola to set up safety council
- This is to create a safe, inclusive and sustainable mobility ecosystem.
- Notably, 1.5 lakh people are killed and 5 lakh people are injured on Indian roads every year.
2. NITI Aayog launches Atal New India Challenge
- The challenge allows MSMEs and Startups to present market ready products.
- Applicants who are capable will be awarded grants up to Rs.1 cr.
3. Amazon adds $76 bn in one day
- This comes after the company’s profits doubled for March quarter to $1.6 bn.
- The shares surged 4% in regular session and 6.6% in after hours trading.
4. Jio to recruit 80,000 people
- Reliance Jio will recruit the employees in FY19.
- The company currently employs around 1.57 lakh people.
1. IPL 2019 may be held in UAE
- The season could be partly shifted to UAE due to the Lok Sabha elections.
- 20 matches of IPL 2014 were held in UAE for the same reason.
2. ICC converts Champions Trophy to World T20
- The 2021 World T20 will follow the 2020 edition in Australia.
- It will be a 16-team event.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,27 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15