Daily Current Affairs 27 February 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 February 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 February 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 February 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Atal Innovation Mission Labs with NITI Aayog and NASSCOM
- Atal Innovation Mission Labs has partnered with NITI Aayog and NASSCOM to bring AI modules to Indian schools.
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country, based on a detailed study and deliberations on innovation and entrepreneurial needs of India in the years ahead.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
- Chairperson: Keshav R Murugesh || Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1 March 1988 || Founders: Dewang Mehta, Nandan Nilekani
2. National Mission for Technical Textiles
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the launch of the National Mission for Technical Textiles with a total allocation of Rs 1480 crore.
- Aim: To be self-dependent in technical textiles and to nullify the trade deficit in the area.
3. LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2020
- Adline Castelino has been crowned as the winner of LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2020 competition.
- Aavriti Choudhary has been crowned as LIVA Miss Diva Supranational 2020.
- Adline Mewis Quadros Castelino is an Indian model and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Diva Universe 2020. She will represent India at Miss Universe 2020.
- Miss Diva 2020 was the 8th edition of Miss Diva contest held on 22 February 2020. A total of twenty contestants were shortlisted from various auditions across the country.
4. ‘JaganannaVasthiDeevena’ Scheme
- Andhra Pradesh Government has launched ‘JaganannaVasthiDeevena’ scheme for students.
- Aim: To meet hostel and mess expenses.
1. New Mastercard CEO
- Mastercard has named Michael Miebach as its new CEO replacing Ajay Banga.
- Ajay Banga moves to executive chairman.
- Mastercard Incorporated is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Mastercard International Global Headquarters in Purchase, New York, United States. The Global Operations Headquarters is located in O’Fallon, Missouri, United States, a municipality of St. Charles County, Missouri.
2. World Air Quality Report 2019
- According to the World Air Quality Report 2019 compiled by IQAir Air Visual, Ghaziabad is the most polluted city in the world.
- 2. Hotan in China
- 3. Gujranwala in Pakistan
- 4. Faisalabad in Pakistan
- 5. Delhi in India
1. USA becomes India’s top trading partner
- According to the Commerce Ministry data, The USA has become India’s top trading partner, surpassing China.
- The bilateral trade between the US and India stood at nearly 88 billion dollars in 2018-19 fiscal.
2. Microsoft with SBI
- Microsoft announced a partnership with SBI to train differently-abled people to find jobs in the BFSI sector.
- Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
- CEO: Satya Nadella || Headquarters: Washington, United States || Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
3. New CMD of NHPC
- Abhay Kumar Singh has been appointed as the new CMD of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation replacing Ratish Kumar.
- NHPC Limited is an Indian Hydropower generation company that was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorised capital of Rs. 2000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects.
- Founded: 1975 || Headquarters: Faridabad, India
4. First Insurance company in India to use Whatsappchatbot
- Bharti AXA General Insurance has become the first company in India to use WhatsApp Chat-bot.
- Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Axa business Group that operates in India. Bharti Enterprises shares 51% stake in the venture while Axa Group shares 49% stake. The company offers general insurance products to retail and commercial clients.
1. First club from India to qualify for AFC Champions League
- FC Goa has become first club from India to qualify for AFC Champions League.
- Asian Football Confederation: President: Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa || Headquarters of Asian Football Confederation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. Cannes Open (Chess)
- Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh has won the 34th Cannes Open in France.
- Dommaraju Gukesh, commonly known as Gukesh D, is an Indian chess player. He is the second youngest person in history to qualify for the title of Grandmaster, which FIDE awarded him in March 2019.
3. AIBA World Cup 2020
- Russia will host the International Boxing Association (AIBA) Team World Cup 2020.
- Motto: ‘Boxing for peace’.
- AIBA Founded: 1946 || AIBA Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || AIBA President: Dr Mohamed Moustahsane.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,27 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28
- Daily Current Affairs: February 29