Daily Current Affairs 27 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Home Secretary
- IAS Ajay Bhalla has been appointed as Home Secretary and will take over from incumbent Rajive Gauba.
- The Home Secretary is the administrative head of the Ministry of Home Affairs. This post is held by senior IAS officer of the rank of Secretary to Government of India.
2. Book ‘Chandra Shekhar–The Last Icon of Ideological Politics’
- Book ‘Chandra Shekhar–The Last Icon of Ideological Politics’ is authored by Harivansh and Ravi Dutt Bajpai
- The Book ‘Chandra Shekhar–The Last Icon of Ideological Politics’ is launched by PM Modi.
- Harivansh Narayan Singh is an Indian journalist and politician, who is the current Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha.
- Chandra Shekhar was an Indian politician who served as the eighth Prime Minister of India, between 10 November 1990 and 21 June 1991.
3. Book ‘Fire and Fury Corps – Saga of Valour, Fortitude and Sacrifice’
- Book titled ‘Fire and Fury Corps-Saga of Valour, Fortitude and Sacrifice’ was released by Northern Army Commander Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh.
- Chief of the Army Staff: General Bipin Rawat.
4. Chairman of Public Accounts Committee
- Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury was appointed as the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee.
- The Public Accounts Committee is a committee of selected members of parliament, constituted by the Parliament of India, for the purpose of auditing the revenue and the expenditure of the Government of India.
- Appointer: Speaker of the Lok Sabha || Chairperson Party: Opposition Party in Lok Sabha.
1. Britain’s first Indian-origin Home Secretary
- Priti Patel took charge as Britain’s first Indian-origin Home Secretary as part of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s top team.
- Priti Patel is an ardent Brexiteer who was among the most vocal critics of Theresa May’s Brexit strategy
- Brexit is an abbreviation for “British exit,” referring to the U.K.’s decision in a June 23, 2016 referendum to leave the European Union (EU). The vote’s result defied expectations and roiled global markets, causing the British pound to fall to its lowest level against the dollar in 30 years.
- Priti Sushil Patel is a British politician who has been Secretary of State for the Home Department since 24 July 2019 and the Member of Parliament for Witham in Essex since 2010.
2. Indian Woman of Influence Award
- Social Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Priya Priyadarshini Jain has been felicitated with ‘Indian Woman of Influence’ award at House of Lords, United Kingdom Parliament, London.
- The House of Lords, also known as the House of Peers, is the upper house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. Membership is granted by appointment or else by heredity or official function. Like the House of Commons, it meets in the Palace of Westminster.
- The House of Commons, officially the Honourable the Commons of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Parliament assembled, is the lower house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
3. Pakistan’s First Man to space
- Pakistan will send its first Astronaut to space in 2022 using Satellite Launching facilities of China.
- Pakistan: Capital: Islamabad || PM: Imran Khan || President: Arif Alvi.
4. Apple’s New Acquisition
- Apple Inc. has acquired Intel’s Smartphone Modem Business for $1 billion.
- Intel Corporation is an American multinational corporation and technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in the Silicon Valley.
- Intel: CEO: Robert H. Swan
- Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. It is considered one of the Big Four tech companies along with Amazon, Google, and Facebook.
1. Fortune Global 500 list
- 1. Walmart: USA Retail Giant
- 2. Sinopec Group: Chinese state-owned Oil and Gas Company
- 3. Royal Dutch Shell: Dutch Company
- Reliance Industries Ltd has become highest-ranked Indian company on Fortune Global 500 list at 106th position.
- The Fortune Global 500, also known as Global 500, is an annual ranking of the top 500 corporations worldwide as measured by revenue and the list is compiled and published annually by Fortune magazine.
2. CMD of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
- Sunil Kumar has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited.
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited is a state-owned telecommunications service provider in the metro cities of Mumbai and New Delhi in India.
- The company had a monopoly in Mumbai and New Delhi until 1992, when the telecom sector was opened to other service providers.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Pravin Kumar Purwar
3. New Economic Affairs Secretary
- IAS Atanu Chakraborty has been appointed as new Economic Affairs Secretary replacing Subhash Chandra Garg.
- Subhash Chandra Garg will be the new Power Secretary.
4. CSR Journal Excellence Awards
- The 3rd Edition of CSR Journal Excellence Awards has been concluded.
- A total of 6 firms were honoured for the best practices in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- 1. Aditya Birla Capital Ltd. won in the category “Sports”.
- 2. ReNew Power won in the category “Women Empowerment & Child Welfare”.
- 3. YES Bank Ltd. won in the category “Health & Sanitation”.
- 4. Hindustan Zinc won in the category “Agriculture & Rural Development”.
- 5. Mahindra & Mahindra won in the category “Environment”.
- 6. Tata Power won in the category “Education & Skill Training”.
1. 2020 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup
- The 2020 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup will be the 10th edition of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, the biennial international women’s youth football championship contested by the under-20 national teams of the member associations of FIFA, since its inception in 2002 as the FIFA U-19 Women’s World Championship.
- Nigeria is in the running to host the 2020 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.
- Nigeria: Capital: Abuja || Currency: Nigerian naira
2. Indian Boxing League
- Mary Kom and Amit Panghal are among those who will feature in inaugural Indian Boxing League.
- The inaugural Indian Boxing League will be held from October 20 to November 9.
- Mary Kom is an Indian Olympic boxer from Manipur. She is the only woman to become World Amateur Boxing champion for a record six times, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the seven world championships.
- Amit Panghal is an Indian amateur boxer. He won a gold medal at 2018 Asian Games and a bronze medal at the 2017 Asian Amateur Boxing Championships in the light flyweight category.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31