Daily Current Affairs 27 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New chief of Intelligence Bureau
- IPS officers Arvind Kumar has been appointed as the chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB) replacing Rajiv Jain.
- The Intelligence Bureau is India’s internal intelligence agency. It was recast as the Central Intelligence Bureau in 1947 under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 1887
2. Food and Nutrition Security Report
- ‘Food and Nutrition Security Report’ is jointly prepared by UN World Food Programme and Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- 31.4% of Indian children will be stunted by 2022.
- Stunting means low height for age.
- Wasting means low weight for height.
3. Mohan Ranade passes away
- Mohan Ranade was an Indian freedom fighter who participated in Goa liberation movement and spent fourteen years in Portuguese jail.
- Ranade was honoured with Padma Shri in 2001 and with the SangliBhushan in 2006.
1. ASEAN Summit
- The 34th ASEAN Summit 2019 was concluded in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Prime Minister of Thailand ‘Prayut Chan-o-cha’ hosted the 34th ASEAN Summit 2019.
- The ASEAN Summit is a biannual meeting held by the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in relation to economic, political, security, and socio-cultural development of Southeast Asian countries.
- ASEAN is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising ten countries in Southeast Asia.
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia || Founded: 8 August 1967
- Members: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, Laos
2. International Seed Testing Association
- International Seed Testing Association hold its 32nd Congress in Hyderabad.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare and Telangana Government hosted the ISTA Congress.
3. Exercise Garuda-VI
- Indian Air Force will participate in a bilateral exercise with French Air Force named ‘Garuda-VI’ Exercise from July 1-12.
- It will organised at French Air Force Base, Mont-de-Marsan in France.
4. International Day in Support of Victims and Torture
- On 12 December 1997, by resolution 52/149, the UN General Assembly proclaimed 26 June the United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Aim :- Eradication of torture and the effective functioning of the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment.
1. New IAMAI chairman
- Amit Agarwal has been appointed as new chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India.
- Internet & Mobile Association of India is a not-for-profit industry body registered under the Societies Act, 1896. Its mandate is to expand and enhance the online and mobile value added services sectors.
- Founded: 2004 || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. RedInk Award for ‘Journalist of the Year’ 2019
- ‘Journalist of the Year’ 2019 :- Rachna Khaira of The Tribune for exposing the functioning of UIDAI/Aadhar.
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 :- Dinu Ranadive from Maharashtra Times and Sebastian D’Souza from Mumbai Mirror
- The Tribune is an Indian English-language daily newspaper published from Amritsar, Bathinda, Chandigarh, New Delhi, Jalandhar and Ludhiana. It was founded on 2 February 1881, in Lahore, by Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, a philanthropist, and is run by a trust comprising five persons as trustees.
- The Red Ink Awards, also known as the Red Ink Awards for Excellence in Indian Journalism, are a set of annual awards given by the Mumbai Press Club in India to recognize excellence in journalistic achievements as assessed by a special jury.
3. Stay Safer
- Google Maps has rolled out a new feature ‘Stay Safer’ for Indian Taxis and Autorickshaws Users.
- Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° panoramic views of streets, real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle and air, or public transportation.
4. UK Sinha Committee
- RBI has drafted UK Sinha committee for MSME sector
- According to UK Sinha Committee, A distressed asset fund with a corpus of Rs 5000 crore to assist MSME Sector.
- Upendra Kumar Sinha is the former chairman of SEBI. His term started in February 2014. He has been appointed for a period of three years. He was the Chairman and Managing Director of the Unit Trust of India Asset Management Company, commonly referred to as UTI Mutual Fund.
1. 2026 Winter Olympics
- Milan-Cortina (Italy) will host 2026 Winter Olympics.
- The Winter Olympic Games is a major international multi-sport event held once every four years for sports practiced on snow and ice.
- The first Winter Olympic Games, the 1924 Winter Olympics, were held in Chamonix, France.
2. Top Women Tennis Player
- Ashleigh Barty becomes world No.1 women tennis player after winning the Birmingham Classic
- Ashleigh Barty is an Australian professional tennis player and former cricketer.
- She is ranked No. 1 in the world in singles by the Women’s Tennis Association and is the second Australian to hold this top ranking after Evonne Goolagong Cawley.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,27 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30