Daily Current Affairs 27 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Police University
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs has announced to set up world-class National Police University in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs or Home Ministry is a ministry of the Government of India. As the interior ministry of India, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy. The Home Ministry is headed by Union Minister of Home Affairs Amit Shah.
2. Constitution Day of India 2019
- Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas, is celebrated in India on 26 November every year to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
3. Goodwill Park to Late Naib Subedar Chuni Lal
- Indian Army has dedicated a Goodwill Park to Late Naib Subedar Chuni Lal.
- Naib Subedar Chuni Lal AC, VrC, SM was an Indian Army soldier of 8th battalion.
- Lal was martyr on 24 June 2007 in a militant flush-out operation in Kashmir’s Kupwara sector. These militants, all of whom were also shot dead, were trying to cross the Line of Control (LoC) and enter Indian territory. The success of this militant flush-out operation, which claimed his life, earned him the highest peacetime military decoration awarded for valor, courageous action or self-sacrifice away from the battlefield, the Ashok Chakra.
4. Secretary of Overseas Indian Affairs
- Vikas Swarup assumed charge as Secretary, Overseas Indian Affairs in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He is best known as the author of the novel Q & A, adapted in film as Slumdog Millionaire, the winner of Best Film for the year 2009 at the Academy Awards, Golden Globe Awards and BAFTA Awards.
1. Golden Peacock Award for Sustainability
- NTPC Ltd has been bestowed with the ‘Golden Peacock Award for Sustainability’ 2019 during the 19th International Conference on Corporate Governance & Sustainability held in London.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
- Founded: 1975 || Headquarters: New Delhi, India
2. Aga Khan Architecture Award
- Floating school project of Bangladesh wins Aga Khan Architecture Award.
- It is a floating school named ‘The Arcadia Education Project’. ‘The Arcadia Education Project’ in South Kanarchor of Bangladesh is an innovative concept. It is an amphibious school built with local material and expertise near the capital city Dhaka. The floating school is unique in its design and novel in its concept.
- The Aga Khan Award for Architecture (AKAA) is an architectural prize established by Aga Khan IV in 1977. It aims to identify and reward architectural concepts that successfully address the needs and aspirations of Muslim societies in the fields of contemporary design, social housing, community development and improvement, restoration, reuse and area conservation, as well as landscape design and improvement of the environment.
- The award is associated with the Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
3. National Milk Day
- National Milk Day is celebrated across India on November 26 every year to mark the birthday of Dr Verghese Kurien.
- Verghese Kurien, known as the ‘Father of the White Revolution’ in India, was a social entrepreneur whose “billion-litre idea”, Operation Flood, the world’s largest agricultural dairy development programme.
- World Milk Day is observed on 1 June every year by the United Nations.
1. Ashok Leyland with ICICI Bank
- Ashok Leyland has entered into an MoU with ICICI Bank for vehicle financing solutions.
- Ashok Leyland is an Indian automobile company headquartered in Chennai, India. It is owned by the Hinduja Group. Founded in 1948, it is the second largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in India, fourth largest manufacturer of buses in the world and 10th largest manufacturer of trucks globally.
- Parent organization: Hinduja Group || Headquarters: Chennai || Founder: Raghunandan Saran
- ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra with its registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat. As of 2018, ICICI Bank is the second largest bank in India in terms of assets and market capitalisation.
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. Indian Railways with European Union
- Indian Railways has signed an agreement with European Union to focus on Digitisation, Green Transport etc.
- The European Union is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe. Its members have a combined area of 4,475,757 km² and an estimated total population of about 513 million.
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
3. National Tribal Craft Mela 2019
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the National Tribal Craft Mela–2019 in Bhubaneswar.
- Aim: To promote and popularise traditional tribal art and craft and help the local artisans.
- Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal.
4. Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management
- Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) has been set up by Indian Railway in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The project was conceived and constructed by Rail Vikas Nigam Limited.
- Aim: To impart professional training in the management of railway finances.
1. Golden Boy Award
- Golden Boy Award 2019 Winner: Football João Félix of Portugal
- The Golden Boy is an award that is given by sports journalists to a young footballer playing in Europe perceived to have been the most impressive during a calendar year. All nominees must be under the age of 21 and play in a European nation’s top tier.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,27 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30