Daily Current Affairs 27 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Dada Saheb Phalke award
- Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured with Dada Saheb Phalke award
- The Dadasaheb Phalke Award is India’s highest award in cinema. It is presented annually at the National Film Awards ceremony by the Directorate of Film Festivals, an organisation set up by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Introduced in 1969, the Dadasaheb Phalke Award is the highest award given to recognise the contributions of film personalities towards the development of Indian cinema and for distinguished contributions to the medium, its growth and promotion.”
- The recipient is awarded with ‘Golden Lotus Award (Swarna Kamal)’, cash prize, and a shawl.
2. Goodwill Ambassador for Maharashtra Assembly Polls
- Election Commission has appointed Madhuri Dixit as Goodwill Ambassador for Maharashtra Assembly Polls.
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India.
- Formed: 25 January 1950 || Jurisdiction: Government of India || Headquarters: New Delhi || First executive: Sukumar Sen
- Sunil Arora is the current 23rd Chief Election Commissioner and the two Election Commissioners are Ashok Lavasa and Sushil Chandra.
3. ICGS Varaha
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has commissioned ICGS Varaha at the Chennai Port Trust.
- ICGS Varaha is designed and built indigenously by Larsen & Toubro at its Kattupalli ship building yard in North Chennai.
- It will be commanded by Commandant Dushyant Kumar.
4. Private Security Agency Licensing Portal
- Home Minister Amit Shah has launched a single-window system ‘Private Security Agency Licensing Portal’.
- It is a single-window system will be used for issuing licences to private security agencies.
5. Concurrent Auditors for PSB
- RBI has revised the guidelines on Concurrent Audit System with Concurrent Auditors will be appointed for a period of not more than three years.
- It is with the recommendations by an expert committee under YH Malegam.
1. SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2019
- Adam Harper of UK has won SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2019.
- Adam Harper is currently mathematician and assistant professor of the University of Warwick, England.
- SrinivasaRamanujan was an Indian mathematician who lived during the British Rule in India. Though he had almost no formal training in pure mathematics, he made substantial contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions, including solutions to mathematical problems then considered unsolvable.
- The Man Who Knew Infinity is a 2015 film based on Kanigel’s book. British actor Dev Patel portrays Ramanujan.
- The Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, also known as SASTRA, is a deemed-to-be university in the town of Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India.
2. ‘Gandhi Solar Park’ at UN headquarters
- Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated a 50 kilowatt ‘Gandhi Solar Park’ at the UN headquarters.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization tasked with maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international co-operation, and being a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Prime Minister Modi also inaugurated Eternal Gandhi Museum in Houston, USA.
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States || Headquarters: New York || Secretary general: António Guterres
3. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea Bissau
- Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas, a 1993 batch IFS ( Indian Foreign Service) officer has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea Bissau
- Republic of Guinea Bissau: Capital: Bissau || Currency: West African CFA franc || President: José MárioVaz || Prime Minister :Aristides Gomes
1. Uber with Bharti AXA
- Uber has partnered with Bharti AXA to provide insurance for car rides and with Tata AIG for auto and Uber Moto rides.
- Uber Technologies, Inc. is an American multinational transportation network company offering services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, food delivery, and a bicycle-sharing system. The company is based in San Francisco and has operations in over 785 metropolitan areas worldwide.
- CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi || Founders: Travis Kalanick, Garrett Camp.
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA business Group that operates in India. Bharti Enterprises shares 51% stake in the venture while AXA Group shares 49% stake. The company offers general insurance products to retail and commercial clients.
- Bharti AXA: CEO: Sanjeev Srinivasan || Headquarters location: Mumbai
2. IRCTC to enter the Capital Market
- IRCTC will enter the capital market with an initial public offer of Rs 645 crore.
- The public issue will open for subscription on September 30 and close on October 3.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 bookings every day is the world’s second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day.
3. Wipro ties up with FEBRABAN
- Wipro has tied up with Febraban to develop an online platform, noomis, for the financial services industry in Brazil.
- Febraban is an industry body representing the Brazil’s financial services industry
- The Brazilian Federation of Banks (Febraban) is the main representative entity of Brazilian banks .Its headquarters are located in the city of São Paulo , and its current president is Murilo Portugal Filho. Its membership has 119 member financial institutions out of 155 operating in Brazil.
4. SEBI penalises Aurobindo Pharma
- SEBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 22 crore on Aurobindo Pharma and its promoters for violating insider trading norms.
- The illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one’s own advantage through having access to confidential information.
- Insider trading is the trading of a public company’s stock or other securities based on material nonpublic information about the company.
5. SBI Life Insurance with Repco Home Finance
- SBI Life Insurance has signed a corporate agency pact with Repco Home Finance to offer the SBI Life Insurance’s products to RHFL customers.
- SBI Life Insurance is a joint venture life insurance company between State Bank of India, the largest state-owned banking and financial services company in India, and BNP Paribas Cardif. BNP Paribas is a French multinational bank and financial services company with global headquarters in Paris.
- SBI Life Insurance: Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Sanjeev Nautiyal
1. Kim Ji-Hyun steps down
- Kim Ji-Hyun has stepped down as National Women’s Badminton Coach of India.
- She played a role in helping PV Sindhu win the 2019 badminton World Championship Gold.
- Kim Ji-hyun, also known as Jihyun Marr, is a former South Korean badminton player. She participated at the 1996 and 2000 Summer Olympics in the women’s singles event. Kim who affiliated with the Samsung Electro-Mechanics team, won the women’s singles title at the National Championships tournament in 1997 and 1998.
2. Senior Women’s National Football Championship
- Winner: Manipur.
- Runner-up: Railways.
- Senior Women’s National Football Championship was held in Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30