Daily Current Affairs 27 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New RBI Rs. 20 Note
- Motif : Ellora Caves on the reverse
- Base colour : Greenish Yellow.
- Dimension : 63 mm x 129 mm
- This new note bears the signature of present governor of RBI, Shaktikanta Das.
2. The 66th National Film Awards
- The 66th National Film Awards ceremony is an upcoming event during which the Directorate of Film Festivals presents its annual National Film Awards to honour the best films of 2018 in the Indian cinema.
- The declaration of awards are delayed by almost a month due to ongoing 2019 Indian general election, initially the awards were to be declared on 3 May. This time awards will be declared on 23 May 2019.
- It is the most prominent film award ceremonies in India. Established in 1954, it has been administered, along with the International Film Festival of India and the Indian Panorama, by the Indian government’s Directorate of Film Festivals since 1973.
- The Awards are categorised in three sections; Feature Films, Non-Feature Films and Best Writing on Cinema.
3. Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) for 2018-19
- The Finance Ministry has approved 8.65% of interest on Employees’ Provident Fund for 2018-19.
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, is an organization tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, a statutory body formed by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- It is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- Founded: 4 March 1952, New Delhi || Headquarters: New Delhi || Jurisdiction: India
1. United Nations with European Union
- United Nations and the European Union have signed a joint framework aimed at strengthening partnership in counter-terrorism efforts.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that was tasked to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international co-operation and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- The European Union is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe. It has an area of 4,475,757 km² and an estimated population of about 513 million.
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium || Official scripts: Latin; Greek; Cyrillic || Capital: Brussels (de facto) || Founded: 1 November 1993, Maastricht, Netherlands
2. InSight Lander Spacecraft
- NASA’s ‘InSight Lander Spacecraft’ has detected a ‘marsquake’ on Mars.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
- A marsquake is a quake which, much like an earthquake, would be a shaking of the surface or interior of the planet Mars as a result of the sudden release of energy in the planet’s interior.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States || Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower || Founded: 29 July 1958, United States || Motto: For the Benefit of All
3. Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Media Summit
- The 5th edition of Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Theme :- ‘Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities’.
- The Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, formed in 1964, is a non-profit, professional association of broadcasting organisations. It currently has over 280 members in 57 countries and regions, reaching a potential audience of about 3 billion people.
- President: Ryoichi Ueda || Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia || Founded: 1 July 1964 || Membership: 286 members; (from 57 countries and regions) || Type of business: Union of broadcasting organisations
4. World’s first Malaria Vaccine
- RTS,S (trade name Mosquirix) is the World’s first Malaria Vaccine.
- It was launched in Malawi.
- Malawi, a landlocked country in south-eastern Africa, is defined by its topography of highlands split by the Great Rift Valley and enormous Lake Malawi.
- Capital: Lilongwe || Common languages: Chichewa || Currency: Malawian kwacha
1. National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited with Indian Army
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited and Indian Army have signed an MoU to construct tunnels on borders with China and Pakistan.
- NHPC is an Indian Hydropower generation company that was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorised capital of Rs. 2000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects
2. Wirecard with RBL Bank
- Wirecard has announced a partnership with RBL Bank to promote financial inclusion in India.
- Wirecard AG is a global internet technology and financial services provider which is listed on the German stock exchange and is headquartered in Aschheim, district of Munich.
- Wirecard :- CEO: Markus Braun || Headquarters: Bavaria, Germany || Founded: 1999, Munich, Germany
- RBL/Ratnakar Bank Limited is a scheduled commercial bank, headquartered in the Mumbai region of Maharashtra, India, and founded in August 1943. The Bank offers services in five sectors: corporate & institutional banking, commercial banking, retail banking, agricultural development banking and financial market access.
3. Etihad Airways to operate plastic-free flight
- Etihad Airways has become first major airline to operate plastic-free on board.
- It has also become first airline in the Gulf region to operate a flight without any single-use plastics on board.
- Etihad Airways is the second-largest airline in the United Arab Emirates. Its head office is in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, near Abu Dhabi’s International Airport. Etihad commenced operations in November 2003.
- CEO: Tony Douglas || Subsidiary: Jet Airways
4. India’s First ‘Green Car Loan’
- State Bank of India has inducted first ‘Green Car Loan’ of India for Electric Vehicle.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body. It is a government corporation statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI is ranked as 216th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2018.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 July 1955
1. New technical director of Indian Football Team
- DoruIsac has been appointed as the new technical director of the Indian Football Team.
- He has replaced Savio Medeira
- The India national football team represents India in international football and is controlled by the All India Football Federation. Under the global jurisdiction of FIFA and governed in Asia by the AFC, the team is also part of the South Asian Football Federation.
- Captain: Sunil Chhetri || Founded: 1937 || Top scorer: Sunil Chhetri (67) || Most caps: Sunil Chhetri (107)
2. Asian Wrestling Championships
- Indian wrestlers Divya Kakran and Manju Kumari won Bronze medals at Asian Wrestling Championships.
- Asian Wrestling Championships is the Wrestling Asian Championship organized by the Asian Associated Wrestling Committee. The men’s tournament began in 1979 and The women’s tournament was first staged in 1996, and it has been held every year.
- The 2019 Asian Wrestling Championships was held in Xi’an, China. The event took place from April 23 to April 28, 2019.
3. USA secures ODI status
- United States of America has secured One-Day International status for the first time.
- Oman have also secured their ODI status.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30