Daily Current Affairs 27 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. A Report on ‘The Urban Commute and How it Contributes to Pollution and Energy’
- Centre for Science and Environment-(CSE) has analysed 14 cities of India in pollution and energy consumption from urban daily commute in a report.
- Bhopal is on the lowest in overall emissions.
- Delhi and Hyderabad are at the top of the list.
2. Krishi Kumbh 2018
- UP Government to organise global farmers meet ‘Krishi Kumbh’ on October 26-28.
- It will incorporate all aspects of rural economy such as agriculture, horticulture, dairy, pisciculture, beekeeping, food processing, animal husbandry.
3. Atal Ji Ne Kaha- A Book
- Narendra Modi has launched a book on former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee:-‘Atal Ji Ne Kaha’.
- It has been written by Brijendra Rehi.
4. India’s first inter state connected wind power project
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has commissioned the auction for a 126 MW wind power capacity project ((ISTS)) in Bhuj,Gujarat.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy or MNRE is a ministry of the Government of India. The ministry is currently headed by R. K. Singh, a Minister of State-In Charge.
1. Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement between Singapore and India
- Singapore and India has signed Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement.
- The Second Protocol to amend the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement was held at New Delhi. India.
2. Ferrari 250 GTO-Most Expensive Car
- The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO was sold for Rs 338 crore.
- It is the world record for the most expensive car sold at an auction.
3. BeiDou:- A Twin navigation satellite
- It was launched by China from Xichang Satellite Launch Center.
- The rocket used for this purpose is Long March-3B carrier.
1. India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee
- The 8th meeting of India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee was held in Nairobi, Kenya
- Suresh Prabhu and Peter Munya exchanged mutual cooperation during the 8th meeting of India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee.
2. ICICI Bank with Manchester United
- ICICI Bank is in agreement with Manchester United to issue a range of co-branded credit and debit card.
- Bank will offer two types of credit card – Manchester United Platinum Credit Card and Signature Credit Card.
3. Reliance Naval and Engineering’s Director resigned
- Anil Ambani resigned as Director of Reliance Naval and Engineering
- Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited is an Indian shipbuilding and Heavy industry company headquartered in Mumbai.
1. FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup
- Japan defeated Spain 3-1 and won FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.
2. Asian Games
- Saina Nehwal clinched Bronze in Women’s single.
- PV Sindhu is in the final of the women’s singles event.
4. Asian Games 2018 Athletics
- Neeraj Chopra won historic javelin gold medal.
- Dharun Ayyasamy won silver medal in men’s 400m hurdles
- Sudha Singh won silver medal in women’s 3000m steeplechase.
3. Zimbabwe cricket team New Coach
- Lalchand Rajput has appointed as The Coach of Zimbabwe cricket team.
- He was the manager of Indian team during the T20 World Cup-2007.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15