Daily Current Affairs 27 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Book ‘Big Billion Startup’
- ‘Big Billion Startup’ is a book on the untold Flipkart story which will be released in Oct.
- Flipkart Internet Private Limited is an e-commerce company based in Bengaluru, India. Founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007, the company initially focused on book sales, before expanding into other product categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, and lifestyle products.
- CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
- Founders: Binny Bansal, Sachin Bansal || Parent organization: Walmart
2. Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya passes away
- The first Woman Director General of Police Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya has passed away.
- In India, the Director General of Police (DGP) is a three-star rank and the highest ranking police officer in Indian States and Union Territories. All DGPs are Indian Police Service (IPS) officers.
3. National Digital Library of India
- HRD Ministry has launched the National Digital Library of India project under National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology.
- Aim: To develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility.
4. Punjab with ADB and World Bank
- Punjab Government will canalise its rivers with technical support from World Bank and ADB.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- ADB: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
1. Henley Passport Index
- India has slipped to 86th spot from the previous 79th place in Henley Passport Index among 189 countries.
- 1. Japan and Singapore
- 2. South Korea, Germany and Finland
- 3. Denmark, Italy and Luxembourg
2. Non-regional member of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Serbia has officially become the 73rd non-regional member of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- Greece has officially become the 74rd non-regional member of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The bank currently has 72 members as well as 28 prospective members from around the world.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China || CEO: JinLiqun
3. Indo Pacific Chiefs of Defence conference
- Indo Pacific Chiefs of Defence (CHOD) Conference 2019 was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Theme: ‘Collaboration in a free and Open Indo – Pacific’.
- Air Chief Marshal and Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee, Birender Singh Dhanoa had participated in the event.
1. Infosys with University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Infosys has announced a strategic partnership with University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign to develop new technologies and systems in precision medicine.
- Infosys Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides business consulting, information technology and outsourcing services. It has its headquarters in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- CEO: Salil Parekh || Headquarters: Bengaluru
2. Indian School of Business with Microsoft India
- Indian School of Business and Microsoft India have ventured in to create ‘AI Digital Lab’ for advance AI skilling in India.
- The Indian School of Business is a private business school established in India in 2001. It has two campuses in Hyderabad, and in Mohali. It offers certificates in various post-graduate management programs.
- Founders: Rajat Gupta, Anil Kumar
3. Bandhan Bank with Standard Chartered bank
- Bandhan Bank has launched co-branded credit card with Standard Chartered Bank.
- Bandhan Bank Ltd. is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal. Bandhan Bank is present in 34 out of 36 states and Union Territories of India.
- Bandhan Bank: Headquarters: Kolkata || CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh || Chairperson: Anup Kumar Sinha
- Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England.
- SCB: CEO: Bill Winters || Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
4. Amazon with Kishore Biyani’s Future Coupons
- Amazon will acquire 49% stake in Future Coupons Ltd of Kishore Biyani Group.
- Kishore Biyani is an Indian businessman. He is the founder and chief executive officer of Future Group and also the founder of retail businesses such as Pantaloon Retail and Big Bazaar.
1. World Archery Youth Championships
- The World Archery Youth Championships was held in Madrid, Spain.
- Indian team of Sukhbeer Singh, Sangampreet Singh Bisla and Tushar Phadtare has clinched a bronze medal in the junior compound men’s team event.
- Komalika Bari of India has won Gold Medal in Recurve Cadet Women’s Final Event.
2. IndTokyo Mobile App
- IndTokyo App is launched to help Indian para-athletes to look up accessible places in Tokyo 2020 Paralympics Games.
- The 2020 Summer Paralympics are an upcoming major international multi-sport event for athletes with disabilities governed by the International Paralympic Committee. Scheduled as the 16th Summer Paralympic Games, it is planned to be held in Tokyo, Japan from 25 August to 6 September 2020.
3. 2019 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships
- The 2019 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships was held from 20 to 25 August 2019 in Basel, Switzerland.
- Men’s event: Gold Medal: Pramod Bhagat in Singles SL3 Event and Pramod Bhagat and Manoj Sarkar in Doubles SL3-SL4 Event.
- Women’s event: Gold Medal: Manasi Joshi in Singles SL3 Event.
4. Tennis Player Sumit Nagal
- Indian Tennis Player Sumit Nagal has become first Indian to win a set against Roger Federer.
- He achieved the feat during his first-round match against Federer in US Open.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31