Daily Current Affairs 27 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.25% of Swachh Bharat cess is unused.
- Rs.4,000 cr of Rs.16,400 cr i.e. almost 25% of Swachh Bharat cess still remains outside of Rashtriya Swachhta Kosh(RSK).
- Authorities failed to 80:20 ration, as all the money has been spent on rural region. The Centre has been charging 0.5% cess.
2.Deadline of 4 days for SBI users.
- The SBI has set deadline of 31 Dec for all the users of the merged banks to get their cheque books replaced.
- State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Mysore, The Bharatiya Mahila Bank, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur and State Bank of Raipur have merged with State Bank of India.
3.Jai Ram Thakur takes oath as CM of Himachal Pradesh.
- Jai Ram Thakur is a BJP’s veteran leader and 5 time MLA, formed the state government with 44 seats.
- Thakur defeated Congress candidate Chet Ram from the Seraj constituency.
4.UP launched free household power connection scheme.
- The government has a target of covering 16 million by 2018-end driven by motto ‘Prakash hai to Vikas hai’.
- The UP government has also introduced Kisan Uday Yojana, a novel scheme for farmers.
1.China and Pakistan offer to include Afghanistan in CPEC.
- China and Pakistan offered to include Afghanistan in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor(CPEC) on mutually beneficial principles after the first trilateral meeting of the foreign ministers of the three countries.
- China had earlier urged India, which has opposed to project over sovereignty concerns as it passes through PoK, to join the initiative. US backed India in opposition over China’s CPEC.
2.Sanctions imposed on N Korea’s missile makers by US.
- US imposed sanctions on two N Korean officials namely Kim Jong-sik and Ri Pyong-chol who played key roles in N Korea’s development of ballistic missiles.
- Last week, UN imposed sanctions on N Korea over its test of an intercontinental ballistic missile.
3.Air corridor linking Mumbai to Kabul inaugurated.
- India and Afghanistan inaugurated their second air cargo route.
- First corridor was launched in June this year to link Kabul and New Delhi.
4.Libya’s crude oil output cut by up to 1L barrels/day.
- A blast by armed by armed men at a Libyan crude oil pipeline has reduced the North African country’s crude oil output by up to 1 lakh barrels per day.
- The prices of crude oil rose above $65 a barrel, within sight of its highest since mid-2015, following reports of the explosion.
1.$318 million Loan agreement signed with World Bank for farmers in TN.
- The Government of India, the Government of TN and World Bank, having headquarters at Washington DC, signed a loan agreement for TN Irrigated Agriculture Modernization Project.
- The $318 million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development has a five year grace period and a maturity of 19 years.
2.GST collection slows to 5-month low.
- GST collections dipped to Rs.80,808 crores in November, the lowest since the introduction of the new regime in July.
- Though the reasons can be attributed to lowering of rates in mid-November, the expansion of tax base and buoyancy due to rate reduction should have ideally checked the dip in collections.
3.Anil Ambani announces yet another plan to reduce RCom’s debt.
- Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications announced a new plan aimed at reducing the company’s huge debt burden by about Rs.25,000 crore through the sale of some of its spectrum, tower and fibre network assets.
- The RCom stock rallied 35% on the BSE to 22.01% after the announcement.
4.Ujjwala scheme set to make India world’s biggest LPG importer.
- Shipping data in Thomson Reuters Eikon shows LPG shipments to India will reach 2.4 million tonnes in Dec, pushing it ahead of top importer China, on 2.3 million tonnes, for the first time.
- India’s LPG purchases have surged from just 1 million tonnes a month in early 2015 on the back of a government programme to bring energy to millions of poor households relying on open fires.
1.Saudi Arabia hosts World Chess Tournament for the first time.
- The tournament has been named as the King Salman World Rapid and Blitz Chess Championships.
- Saudi Arabia is hosting world chess tournament for the first time, nearly two years after the country’s top cleric issued a religious edict against playing the board game.
2.Chelsea post 2-0 win; Manchester United score late to earn 2-2 draw.
- The Spanish duo of Alvaro Morata and Marcos Alonso scored one goal apiece to help Chelsea beat Brighton and Hove Albion 2-0 in the Premier League.
- Meanwhile, Manchester United was rescued by Jesse Lingard’s two goals, one coming in injury time, as they drew 2-2 against Burnley. With the results, second placed United is just one-point above Chelsea.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15