Daily Current Affairs 27 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Heddaiyamman festival
- Tribal Baduga community from Nilgiris,Tamil Nadu celebrated annual Heddaiyamman festival.
- Tamil Nadu, a South Indian state, is famed for its Dravidian-style Hindu temples. In Madurai, Meenakshi Amman Temple has high ‘gopuram’ towers ornamented with colourful figures. On Pamban Island, Ramanathaswamy Temple is a pilgrimage site. The town of Kanyakumari, at India’s southernmost tip, is the site of ritual sunrises. Capital Chennai is known for beaches and landmarks including 1644 colonial Fort St. George.
2. Gir lions to be translocated
- Some of the Gir lions from Gir National Park, Gujarat will be translocated to Kuno, in Madhya Pradesh and will be notified as ‘national park’.
- Gir Forest National Park is a wildlife sanctuary in Gujarat, western India. It was established to protect Asiatic lions, who frequent the fenced-off Devalia Safari Park, along with leopards and antelopes. Gir Jungle Trail, outside the fenced area, traverses deciduous forest and is home to wildlife including vultures and pythons. The Kamleshwar Dam has marsh crocodiles and birds, such as Indian skimmers and pelicans.
3. 106th Indian Science Congress
- The 106th Science Congress will be hosted by Lovely Professional University in Jalandhar, Punjab from January 3 to 7, 2019.
- Theme :- ‘FUTURE INDIA – Science and Technology’.
1. Italy’s Mount Etna
- Italy’s Mount Etna active volcano erupted. The last major eruption was in 1992.
- Mount Etna, or Etna, is an active stratovolcano on the east coast of Sicily, Italy, in the Metropolitan City of Catania, between the cities of Messina and Catania. It lies above the convergent plate margin between the African Plate and the Eurasian Plate.
2. ‘Top Debater in the World’ title
- Aadi Sai Vijaykaran has become the first Indian to win the ‘Top Debater in the World’ title.
- Junior Debate Championship at the World Scholar’s Cup was held at Yale University, USA.
- The World Scholar’s Cup is an international team academic program with students participating from over 82 countries. The competition was founded by DemiDec, in particular by Daniel Berdichevsky, DemiDec’s president, in 2006.
3. First southeast asian nation to legalise medical marijuana
- Thailand Govt. has approved the licensed use of marijuana and kratom for medical and research purpose.
- Thailand :- Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai bhat.
4. International Whaling Commission
- Japan has announced to withdraw from International Whaling Commission to resume commercial whaling.
- The International Whaling Commission (IWC) is the global body charged with the conservation of whales and the management of whaling. The IWC currently has 89 member governments from countries all over the world.
- All members are signatories to the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling. This Convention is the legal framework which established the IWC in 1946.
1. Ban on import of milk products from China
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade of India will extend the ban on import of milk and products, chocolates, from China till April 23, 2019.
- The ban was first imposed in September 2008 due to the presence of melamine in products.
2. The Mohammed Rafi Award
- The Mohammed Rafi Award has been awarded to late Music Composer Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar (Mohammed Rafi Lifetime Achievement Award) and Singer Usha Timothy.
- Mohammed Rafi Award is instituted by an NGO Spandan Arts headed by Mumbai BJP chief Ashish Shelar.
3. Tansen Samman
- Sitar player Manju Mehta has been awarded the ‘Tansen Samman’ by the Madhya Pradesh Govt.
- Artist and music lovers from all over the world gather here to pay tribute to the Great Indian Musical Maestro Tansen. The event is organized near the tomb of Tansen by the Academy of the department of culture, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
4. New CEO and MD of Tata Coffee
- Tata Coffee has appointed Chacko Purackal Thomas as its MD and CEO.
- Tata Coffee is coffee company owned by the Tata Global Beverages, a subsidiary of Tata Group. The company owns 19 coffee estates in southern India. The estates are spread across the districts of Coorg, Chikmagalur, and Hassan in Karnataka and Valparai district in Tamil Nadu.
1. World Cup ski races
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA) has become the youngest woman to win 50 World Cup ski races.
- Mikaela Pauline Shiffrin is an American two-time Olympic gold medallist and World Cup alpine skier. She is the current two-time reigning Overall World Cup champion, the three-time reigning world champion in slalom, and a five-time winner of the World Cup discipline title in that event.
2. India’s chief boxing coach
- CA Kuttappa has been appointed as India’s chief men’s boxing coach.
- Boxing coach C.A. Kuttappa, serving as Subedar in the Army and a resident of Gokulam in city, who was awarded Dronacharya Award-2018.
3. ICC Hall of Fame
- Ricky Ponting (Australia’s 25th member), Rahul Dravid(India’s 5th member) and Claire Taylor(England) have been officially inducted into the International Cricket Council’s Hall of Fame.
- The ICC Cricket Hall of Fame “recognises the achievements of the legends of the game from cricket’s long and illustrious history”. It was launched by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in Dubai on 2 January 2009, in association with the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA), as part of the ICC’s centenary celebrations.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27