Daily Current Affairs 27 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Global Digital Health Partnership Summit
- JP Nadda has inaugurated the ‘4th Global Digital Health Partnership Summit’ in New Delhi.
- It was hosted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Global Digital Health Partnership (GDHP).
2. Gandhi Peace Prize
- President Kovind has awarded Gandhi Peace Prize for the years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari for 2015.
- Jointly to the Akshaya Patra Foundation and the Sulabh International for 2016.
- Ekal Abhiyan Trust for 2017.
- Shri Yohei Sasakawa (from Japan) for 2018.
- The International Gandhi Peace Prize, named after Mahatma Gandhi, is awarded annually by the Government of India. As a tribute to the ideals espoused by Gandhi, the Government of India launched the International Gandhi Peace Prize in 1995 on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Mohandas Gandhi.
3. First State in Mainland to have two Coast Guard Districts
- Tamil Nadu became the first state to have ‘Thoothukudi’ as its second Coast Guard district headquarters.
- The first district headquarters is Chennai.
- The Indian Coast Guard is an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
4. PRANAM Commission
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal has launched PRANAM Commission.
- It is a panel set up to look after the issues concerning for Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Bill.
- Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Bill (first-of its-kind) is for the protection of elderly parents of government employees in their times of need.
1. Exercise ‘Sampriti 2019’
- India and Bangladesh will conduct the 8th edition joint military exercise ‘Sampriti 2019’ in Tangail, Bangladesh.This will be the eighth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
- Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka || Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina || President: Abdul Hamid
2. The Passport Index of 2019
- It ranks around 199 countries on their Visa-Free Scores and their ranking according to the UNDP HDI index.
- India’s Rank :- 67 in 2019
- UAE has topped the index.
3. Inclusive Internet Index 2019
- India has ranked 47th in the overall ‘Inclusive Internet Index 2019’, A Facebook-led study.
- It was prepared by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for Facebook.
- Sweden has topped the chart
- The Economist Intelligence Unit is a British business within the Economist Group providing forecasting and advisory services through research and analysis, such as monthly country reports, five-year country economic forecasts, country risk service reports, and industry reports.
4. Amazon’s Board of Directors
- Former CEO of Pepsico Indra Nooyi has joined the Board of Directors of Amazon.
- Amazon.com, Inc., doing business as Amazon, is a multinational technology company focusing in e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence in Seattle, Washington. Amazon is the largest e-commerce marketplace and cloud computing platform in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization.
1. New Chairman of National Book Trust
- Educationist and Author Govind Prasad Sharma has been appointed as the new Chairman of National Book Trust.
- National Book Trust is an Indian publishing house, founded in 1957 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Education of the Government of India. NBT now functions under aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development.
2. RBI’s PCA Framework
- Allahabad Bank and Corporation Bank and Dhanlaxmi Bank are now out of RBI’s Prompt and Corrective Action framework.
- RBI introduces Prompt Corrective Action when the Bank’s financial conditions worsen below certain limits
- The limit set are in the form of three conventional financial indicators which are called trigger points– CRAR, Net NPA and Return on Assets.
- Trigger points implies the RBI imposes corrective action in accordance with the level of trigger points.
- The PCA framework specifies the trigger points or the level in which the RBI will intervene with corrective action.
3. Thomas Cook India’s New Acquisition
- Thomas Cook India Group has acquired 51% stake in Digiphoto Entertainment Imaging (DEI )which focuses on imaging solutions for the attractions industry.
- Thomas Cook Ltd. is an integrated travel and travel related financial services company, with headquarters in Mumbai, India. The company offers a range of travel services including Foreign Exchange, International and Domestic Holidays, Visa, Passport, Travel Insurance & MICE.
- Thomas Cook was an English businessman. He is best known for founding the travel agency Thomas Cook & Son.
4. DRDO’s surface to air missile (QRSAM)
- India has test fired a quick reaction surface to air missile (QRSAM) off the coast of Odisha.
- It was developed by DRDO for the Indian Army.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
1. Khelo India Mobile App
- PM Modi has launched the Khelo India Mobile App at Youth Parliament Festival in New Delhi.
- It was developed by the Sports Authority of India.
2. Lifetime Achievement award by FMSCI
- R. Karthikeyan was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement award at ‘Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India’ Annual Awards function.
- R. Karthikeyan is the father of India’s first Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan
- The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India was founded in 1971 and is a long-standing member of the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme and Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile, the world bodies for 2/3 and 4 wheeler motor sport respectively.
3. Cannes International Open (Chess)
- Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta has won Cannes International Open after having a draw with Pier Luigi Basso of Italy.
- Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a chessboard, a game-board with 64 squares arranged in an 8×8 grid. The game is played by millions of people worldwide. Chess is believed to be derived from the Indian game chaturanga sometime before the 7th century.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27