Daily Current Affairs 27 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Annual Pulicat Day
- The 8th Annual Pulicat Day will be observed on February 2 at Pulicat.
- The day is celebrated as the world wetlands day.
- Pulicat or Pazhaverkadu is a historic seashore town in “North of Chennai” in Thiruvallur District, of Tamil Nadu state, South India. It is about 60 kilometres north of Chennai and 3 kilometres from Elavur, on the southern periphery of the Pulicat Lake.
- World Wetlands Day occurs annually on February 2nd, marking the date of the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands on February 2, 1971. Established to raise awareness about the value of wetlands for humanity and the planet, WWD was celebrated for the first time in 1997 and has grown remarkably since then.
2. Winners of Padma Vibhushan 2019
- 112 Padma Awards, The Padma Awards consist of 4 Padma Vibhushan award,14 Padma Bhushan Award and 94 Padma Shri awards
- Teejan Bai Art-Vocals-Folk Chhattisgarh
- Ismail Omar Guelleh (Foreigner) || Public Affairs || Republic of Djibouti
- Anilkumar Manibhai Naik || Trade and Industry-Infrastructure || Maharashtra
- Balwant Moreshwar Purandare || Art-Acting-Theatre || Maharashtra
3. National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd with Institute of Rural Management Anand
- NCDEX and IRMA have signed an MOU with special emphasis mentoring Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and allied institutions.
- National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited is an online commodity exchange based in India. It has an independent board of directors and provides a commodity exchange platform for market participants to trade in commodity derivatives.
- Institute of Rural Management Anand is an autonomous institution located in Anand in Gujarat, India with the mandate of contributing to the professional management of rural organisations.
4. Atin Bandyopadhyay passes away
- Atin Bandyopadhyay was a writer of Bengali literature and was the winner of 2001 Sahitya Akademi award for his compilation of short stories Panchashati Galpo.
- The Sahitya Academy Award is a literary honour in India, which the Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, annually confers on writers of the most outstanding books of literary merit published in any of the major Indian languages.
1. Oxford Dictionaries’ Hindi Word of the year
- Oxford dictionaries has declared “Nari Shakti” as the Hindi word for the year 2018.
- OxfordDictionaries.com, originally titled Oxford Dictionaries Online and rebranded Oxford Living Dictionaries in 2017, is an online dictionary produced by the Oxford University Press publishing house, a department of the University of Oxford, which also publishes a number of print dictionaries, among other works.
2. Michel Legrand passes away
- French composer Michel Legrand has passed away at 86.
- Michel Legrand was a French musical composer, arranger, conductor, and jazz pianist. Legrand was a prolific composer, having written over 200 film and television scores, in addition to many songs.
- He won three Oscars and first was in 1969 for the song ‘The Windmills of Your Mind’.
3. International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day is an international memorial day on 27 January commemorating the tragedy of the Holocaust that occurred during the Second World War.
- World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945. The vast majority of the world’s countries—including all the great powers—eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis.
- Theme :- ‘Holocaust Remembrance: Demand and Defend Your Human Rights’
4. International Customs Day
- International Customs Day was observed on 26th January to recognise role of custom officials and agencies in maintaining border security.
- Theme :- ‘MART borders for seamless Trade, Travel and Transport’.
1. Bureau of Indian Standards with IAF and Research Organisations
- BIS has collaborated with IAF and Research Organisations to have a new standard for Aviation Turbine Fuels to use bio-jet fuel on all military and civilian aircraft.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India. It is established by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986 which came into effect on 23 December 1986.
2. A Report from Brand Finance Consultant company
- Acc. to a Report from Brand Finance Consultant company, The Top Three most valued IT service brand
- 1. Accenture
- 2. IBM
- 3. TCS
3. Amul Camel Milk
- Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited has launched Amul Camel Milk in Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad and Kutch in Gujarat.
- Anand Milk Union Limited or Amul is an Indian dairy company, based at Anand in the state of Gujarat.Formed in 1948, it is a cooperative brand managed by a cooperative body, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF)
4. GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare with Hindustan Unilever Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare’s (GSKCH India) merger deal with Hindustan Unilever Limited has been approved by Competition Commission of India.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited is an Indian consumer goods company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of Unilever, a British-Dutch company. HUL’s products include foods, beverages, cleaning agents, personal care products and water purifiers.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc is a British pharmaceutical company headquartered in Brentford, London. Established in 2000 by a merger of Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham, GSK was the world’s sixth largest pharmaceutical company as of 2015, after Pfizer, Novartis, Merck, Hoffmann-La Roche and Sanofi.
- Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
1. Australian Open
- Australian Open 2019 was the 107th edition of the Australian Open, the 51st in the Open Era, and the first Grand Slam of the year.
- Men’s Singles : Novak Djokovic (Serbia) || Runner-up : Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Women’s Singles : Naomi Osaka (Japan) || Runner-up : Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic)
- Men’s Doubles : Pierre-Hugues Herbert (France) / Nicolas Mahut (France)
- Women’s Doubles : Samantha Stosur (Australia) / Zhang Shuai (China)
- Mixed Doubles : Barbora Krejčíková (Czech Republic) / Rajeev Ram (United States)
2. Women’s Big Bash League
- Team ‘Brisbane Heat’ has won Women’s Big Bash League title by defeating Sydney Sixers.
- The Women’s Big Bash League is the Australian women’s domestic Twenty20 cricket competition. The WBBL replaced the Australian Women’s Twenty20 Cup, which ran from the 2007–08 season through to the 2014–15 season.
3. Indonesia Masters (Badminton)
- Saina Nehwal was crowned champion of the Indonesia Masters 2019.
- Opponent Carolina Marin of Spain had been pulled out of Final due to an injury.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27