Daily Current Affairs 27 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 1st State-Run All-Woman Hotel-‘Hostess’
- The hotel named ‘Hostess’ was launched by Kerala Tourism minister Kadakampally Surendran.
- This a part of the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) Project.
2. Anti-human trafficking bill
- Lok Sabha passed the Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018.
- A Punishment ranges from 10 years of imprisonment and a fine of not less than ₹1 lakh to offenders.
3. ‘Green Mahanadi Mission’
- CM of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘Green Mahanadi Mission’.
- The mission is by planting a sapling on the bank of river Mahanadi to stop soil erosion on river banks and recharge the groundwater reserve.
4. M Karunanidhi became the first Indian political person to lead a party for 50 years
- The 94-year-old leader was elected as DMK chief on July 27, 1969.
- He also has served as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu five times.
1. 2018 Ramon Magsaysay award winners
- Two Indians Bharat Vatwani, Sonam Wangchuk won 2018 Ramon Magsaysay Award.
- There are six individuals who were awarded as the winners of this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Award.
- Ramon Magsaysay Award 2018:1 Bharat Vatwani India, 2 Sonam Wangchuk India, 3 Youk Chhang Cambodia, 4 Maria de Lourdes Martins Cruz East Timor, 5 Howard Dee Philippines, 6 Vo Thi Hoang Yen Vietnam.
2. Global Tiger Day Celebrations to Conclude on July 29
- Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July.
- India had launched Project Tiger in 1973 to conserve tigers. Till now, the coverage of “Project Tiger” has increased from 9 reserves to 50 tiger reserves spread across 18 states.
3. India-UK Science & Innovation Council Meeting
- The 6th India-UK Science & Innovation Council (SIC) meeting held in New Delhi.
- Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology, India and Mr. Sam Gyimah, Minister for Science, Research and Innovation, UK led delegations respectively.
4. Pakistan Election Results 2018
- Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan’s party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest bagging 114 of the 270 seats on which elections were held, but fell short of a majority.
- Imran Khan’s PTI is in talks with smaller parties and Independents to reach the magic number.
1. Bharti Infratel, Indus Tower Merger Deal
- Infratel has received clearance from SEBI for its merger with Indus Towers.
- Now the approval is pending with National Company Law Tribunal.
2. Innovate India Platform–#InnovateIndia MyGov-AIM portal
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and MyGov Launched ‘Innovate India Platform’.
- The #InnovateIndia MyGov-AIM portal creates an innovative platform for registering both ameture and expert innovators at a national level.
3. Invest India and Business France
- It is an MoU to promote investment facilitation and cooperation between start-ups of India and France.
- Invest India is the official Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of the Government of India, mandated to facilitate investments in the country. Deepak Bagla is the MD and CEO Invest India.
4. A book titled ‘Gandhi the years that changed the world (1914-1948)’
- Ramachandra Guha has penned a new book titled “Gandhi: The years that changed the world (1914-1948)”.
- He is also authored of highly acclaimed books like “India After Gandhi” and “Gandhi Before India”.
1. Swapan Sarkar Passed away
- Veteran sports journalist Swapan Sarkar passed away. He was 67 years old.
- He was Delhi sports correspondent of Ananda Bazaar Patrika (ABP) from mid-1990’s.
2. 2018 German Grand Prix
- British Racer Lewis Hamilton has won the 2018 German Grand Prix.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes AMG Petronas.
3. Hockey Women’s World Cup
- ndia lost (1-0) to Ireland in their World Cup match.
- The 2018 Women’s Hockey World Cup is the 14th edition of the Women’s Hockey World Cup, a field hockey tournament. It is being held from 21 July to 5 August 2018 at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre in London, England.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27