Daily Current Affairs 27 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 June 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 June 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Modi Trumps Donald Trump
- The biggest news for the day is that, Narendra Modi and Donald Trump met for about four hours at the White House and discussed issues like Trade, terrorism and energy in the bilateral meeting.
- Calling himself a “true friend” of India, Trump also announced to the world that he and Modi are “world leaders in social media.”
- President Trump and Prime Minister Modi also vowed to strengthen efforts to fight terrorism and eliminate safe havens for terrorists. “Eliminating terrorism is among the topmost priorities for us,” Modi told reporters in his joint address with Trump at the White House.
- There was no awkwardness and the two came across as BFFs as Modi swooped in for two big bear hugs with the US President during their joint statements in the Rose Garden. Modi offered yet another embrace as he departed the White House. After shaking Trump’s hand, Modi went in for a third and final public hug.
2. Arun Jaitley’s Statement on GST
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday asked the Congress to refrain from indulging in politics over GST launch.
- The government is planning to launch Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the midnight of June 30-July 1 from the Central Hall of Parliament. President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan will be present, along with members of Parliament.
- “It is for entire country, and President would be there and there should be no politics over it,” Jaitley said at the ‘GST Sammelan’ hosted by ABP News.
3. SC refuses to pass interim order on Aadhaar
- SC refused to pass interim order on govt order making Aadhaar mandatory for social welfare schemes.
- The Supreme Court, on Tuesday, refused to pass an interim order on the government’s notification making Aadhaar mandatory for using benefits of various social welfare schemes, news agency PTI reported.
- The next hearing will now take place on July 7.
4. Retirement age of Andhra Pradesh State Government Employees raised
- Andhra Pradesh State Government Employees will be working until they attain 60 years as their Retirement has been raised from 58 to 60 Years. Bill to this effect was recently passed by AP Assembly.
- Chief Minister, Mr. N. Chandrababu Naidu, informed after moving the Andhra Pradesh Public Employment (Regulation of age of superannuation) Amendment Bill, that the government had taken into account various factors, including the increased life expectancy, for raising the retirement age.
1. After US Modi lands in Netherlands
- In the final leg of his three nation tour, Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in the Netherlands on Tuesday to hold talks with his Dutch counterpart Mark Rutte to strengthen bilateral ties.
- “Today the world is interdependent, inter-connected. It is natural that we will be discussing not only bilateral issues but also a slew of global issues,” Modi said here in a joint statement issued with Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte.
- Noting that 2017 marks the 70th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Modi stressed on strengthening the people-to-people contact through Indian diaspora in the Netherlands.
2. US Designates Syed Salahuddin a Global Terrorist
- In a strong message to Pakistan, hours before the meeting of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump, US State Department designated Hizbul Mujahideen leader Syed Salahuddin as a global terrorist.
- India welcomed the move and said it will vindicate India’s stance on cross-border terrorism.
- This puts counter-terrorism cooperation between India and the US at the front and centre of the relationship, and addresses one of India’s main concerns on Pakistan-sponsored terrorism.
3. Time Magazine’s Most Influential people on Internet List
- Time magazine has released its third-annual list of the 25 most influential people on the internet.
- Chrissy Teigen, Donald Trump, and the man behind Pepe the frog (Matt Furie) are a few included on the unranked list.
- The magazine’s editors say they ‘sized up contenders by looking at their global impact on social media and their overall ability to drive news’.
1. Google fined a record 2.42 Billion Euros by European Commission
- European Commission fined Google 2.42 billion Euros for favouring its own search services, Google also faces two separate charges under the region’s competition rules related to its mobile software Android, and some advertising products.
- The findings of the European Commission state that Google has systematically given prominent placement to its own comparison shopping services, and demoted rival services.
- “What Google has done is illegal under EU antitrust rules,” Margrethe Vestager, Europe’s antitrust chief, said according to The New York Times.
2. Vivo retains IPL title sponsorship Rights
- Chinese mobile company Vivo has retained IPL title sponsorship rights for the next 5 years for Rs 2,200 crore, this winning bid is a 554% increase over the previous contract.
- Oppo was the next highest bidder at Rs 1,430 crore, reported The Times of India.
- The sponsorship rights will begin on August 1, 2017 and end on July 31, 2022.
- In 2015, Vivo had replaced PepsiCo as the title sponsor of the IPL
3. SpiceJet tops Bloomberg Intelligence Index as world’s best performing airline stock
- SpiceJet’s stock is up 124%, making it the world’s best performing airline stock, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday.
- The Indian airline has earned a market value of 1.2 billion dollars (approximate Rs 9,000 crore) in 2017.
- Its stock has gained 800% since the rock-bottom situation it faced in December 2014 over its inability to clear 2.2-million dollars in fuel bills.
1. Ravi Shastri to apply for the post of Indian cricket team’s coach
- Ravi Shastri has finally decided to apply for India cricket coach’s position.
- Having the full backing of the India captain Virat Kohli and the Board of Control for Cricket in India officials, he is clear favourite for the job.
- Shastri is in London and is expected to be back in India by the third week of July. Among others to apply for the position are Virender Sehwag, Tom Moody and Lalchand Rajput.
2. Federer Wins 100th Career Title
- With the grass court season Wimbledon truly underway and Wimbledon just around the corner, Roger Federer racked in his 16th grass title, beating Alexander Zverev in the final of the Halle Open.
- The Halle Open win was the hundredth title of his long and illustrious career, 92 of which are singles crowns while eight have come in doubles.
- He is also third on the list of most singles titles and quickly closing in on second placed Ivan Lendl (who has 94 titles) and the leader — Jimmy Connors, who has 109 titles to his name.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 27 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30