Daily Current Affairs 27 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Singapore on Cooperation in the field of Planning
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex post-facto approval to the MoU between India and Singapore on cooperation in the field of urban planning and development.
- The objective of the MOU is to facilitate government agencies in the Centre and States, including Municipal Bodies, to readily tap into the expertise of Singapore agencies in the areas of urban development and management and other areas, and thus help in urban rejuvenation, mission.
2. Statistics Day
- The notable contributions made by Late Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in the fields of statistics, statistical system and economic planning, Government of India in 2007, has designated 29th June as the “Statistics Day”.
- 29th June, 2017 marked the beginning of the 125th year of birth of Prof. P.C. Mahalanobis. ISI has held year-round celebrations which will be culminated on 29th June, 2018.
3. 6.5MMT Strategic Petroleum Reserves at Chandikhol in Odisha and at Padur, Karnataka
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved establishment of additional 6.5 Million Metric Tonne (MMT) Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facilities at two locations, i.e. Chandikhol in Odisha and Padur in Karnataka.
- The SPR facilities at Chandikhol and Padur will be underground rock caverns and will have capacities of 4 MMT and 2.5 MMT respectively.
4. Solar Charkha Mission
- The President of India launched the Solar Charkha Mission which will cover 50 clusters and every cluster will employ 400 to 2000 artisans. The Mission has been approved by the Government of India for which the MSME Ministry will disburse subsidy of Rs. 550 crores to the artisans.
- He further said that the Solar Charkha Mission will generate employment in rural areas and contribute to the green economy.
1. India ranked world’s most dangerous country for women
- A study by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, India has been named the world’s most dangerous country for women.
- Being ranked the worst in the world — even below Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan and Somalia — is a significant drop for India, which was ranked the fourth most dangerous country for women in the same survey seven years ago.
2. United States Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley to visit India
- United States Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley will be on three-day visit to India from June 26. The 46-year-old highest ranking Indian-American diplomat in US President Donald Trump’s administration will meet senior Indian Government officials to discuss a host of topics including India-US strategic ties and significant global developments.
- Haley is currently the 29th United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
3. UK Queen approves Brexit Bill
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II granted royal assent to Prime Minister Theresa May’s flagship Brexit legislation, that will formally end the country’s European Union membership.
- The EU withdrawal bill repeals the 1972 European Communities Act through which the UK became a member of the bloc.
4. Kalki Koechlin will be conferred with French honour
- Actor Kalki Koechlin will be conferred with the French distinction of Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters .
- The award will be presented by the Ambassador of France to India, Alexandre Ziegler.
1. Cabinet approves capital infusion in Export Credit Guarantee Corporation Ltd.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the capital infusion of Rs.2000 crore for strengthening of Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC).
- The amount would be infused in the three financial years i.e. Rs.50 crore in 2017-18, Rs.1450 crore in the year 2018-19 and Rs.500 crore for 2019-20.
2. Aviva Life Insurance has launched a chat-bot named “ALISHA”
- Aviva Life Insurance has launched a chat-bot named “ALISHA” in partnership with Findability Sciences, a cognitive and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions company. The chat-bot, also called Aviva Life Insurance Self Help Assistant, is powered by IBM Watson’s Conversation application programming interface (API).
- It is one of India’s first few Natural Language Processor (NLP)-powered Conversational Computing Solutions which can interpret customers’ questions and direct the flow of the conversation to guide and assist them in similar way like people interact and respond.
3. MS Dhoni signed as the first brand ambassador of Sumadhura Group
- Sumadhura Group, one of South India’s city-based realty majors, has roped in MS Dhoni as its first brand ambassador to represent the brand in all their national campaigns, in a multi-year engagement.
- Sumadhura Group has made significant inroads across Bengaluru and Hyderabad over the last 20 years having completed 30 projects. Their current portfolio includes residential projects of 5 million sq. ft. under construction and 8.2 million sq. ft. under planning.
4. Idea shareholders approve new name ‘Vodafone Idea Ltd’, Rs 15,000 cr fund raise plan
- Idea and Vodafone India are in process of merging their businesses.The approval for merger by the Department of Telecom (DoT) is in final stages.
- Idea’s Chairman of the board Kumar Mangalam Birla, proposed to be the non-executive Chairman of merged entity .Vodafone is expected to own 45.1 per cent, 26 per cent by Aditya Birla Group and Idea shareholders will own 28.9 in the combined entity.The merged entity will have around 430 million mobile subscribers from Day 1.
1. FIFA World Cup 2018 : Argentina qualifies for Round of 16
- Marcus Rojo’s goal four minutes from Full time keeps Argentina’s World Cup hopes alive to see off Nigeria 2-1.
- Argentina will face France in Round of 16
2. Messi overtakes Chhetri again, becomes 2nd best active scorer.
- Argentina captain Lionel Messi scored his international career’s 65th goal in the World Cup group stage, overtaking Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri’s tally of 64 goals.
- He is now only behind Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo among active international goal scorers.
3. Indian shooter Saurabh sets junior world record
- Sixteen-year-old Indian shooter Saurabh Chaudhary on Tuesday set a new world record and won a gold in the 10m air pistol event in the ISSF Junior World Cup in Germany.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15