Daily Current Affairs 27 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Mission Shakti
- An anti-satellite weapon A-SAT successfully targeted a live satellite on a low earth orbit under the ‘Mission Shakti’ operation.
- India has joined three other nations – US, Russia and China – to conduct such an operation.
- Mission Shakti was undertaken to develop highly-potent Anti-satellite weapons (ASAT).
2. Indian Navy’s Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Training Facility
- Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba has inaugurated Indian Navy’s Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Training Facility (NBCTF) at INS Shivaji in Lonavala.
- It will provide realistic training to naval personnel in detection, protection against and decontamination of nuclear, biological and chemical agents.
3. Grand Order of the King of Tomislav to President Kovind
- President Kovind was honoured with Croatia’s highest civilian award ‘The Grand Order of the King of Tomislav’.
- Ram Nath Kovind is an Indian politician currently serving as the 14th President of India, in office since 25 July 2017. Previously he had served as the Governor of Bihar from 2015 to 2017 and was a Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha from 1994 to 2006.
1. Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Morocco
- Shambhu S Kumaran has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Morocco
- Capital: Rabat || Currency: Moroccan dirham
2. World Theatre Day 2019
- World Theatre Day is celebrated on 27 March. It was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute.
- This day is a celebration for those who can see the value and importance of the art form “theatre”, and acts as a wake-up-call for governments, politicians and institutions which have not yet recognised its value to the people and to the individual and have not yet realised its potential for economic growth.
3. Oman with USA
- Oman has signed an agreement with USA which allows USA’s ships and warplanes to take advantage of Oman’s ports and airports.
- Oman :- Capital: Muscat || Currency: Omani Rial
4. Exercise AUSINDEX
- The 3rd Edition of AUSINDEX, Joint Naval Exercise between India and Australia will be held at Vishakhapatnam.
- Australia :- Prime Minister : Scott Morrison || Currency: Australian dollar || Capital: Canberra
1. Non-Executive Chairman of Karur Vysya Bank
- N S Srinath has been appointed as Non-Executive Chairman of Karur Vysya Bank.
- Karur Vysya Bank :- Headquarter : Karur || MD and CEO : P R Seshadri
2. Nandan Nilekani Committee
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das has inducted a committee to further deepen digital payments and enhance financial inclusion through Fintech.
- The committee constitute of 5-member under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekani.
- Nandan Nilekani is an Indian entrepreneur, bureaucrat and politician. He co-founded Infosys and is the non-executive chairman of Infosys replacing R Seshasayee and Ravi Venkatesan, who were the co-chairs of the board, on 24 August 2017.
3. MD of Future Retail
- Future Retail Supermarket Company has reappointed Kishore Biyani as Managing Director for 3 years.
- Future Group is an Indian conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The company is known for having a significant prominence in Indian retail and fashion sectors, with popular supermarket chains like Big Bazaar and Food Bazaar, lifestyle stores like Brand Factory, Central etc.
- Kishore Biyani is an Indian businessman. He is the founder and chief executive officer of Future Group and also the founder of retail businesses such as Pantaloon Retail and Big Bazaar. According to Forbes magazine, he had a net worth of US$475 million in 2011.
4. Rs 2 crore penalty on Punjab National Bank
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 2 crore on Punjab National Bank for non-compliance of regulatory directions with regard to SWIFT operations.
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication code. An internationally-recognized identification code for banks around the world. SWIFT codes are most commonly used for international wire transfers and are comprised of 8 or 11 alphanumeric characters.
- A SWIFT code is an international bank code that identifies particular banks worldwide. It’s also known as a Bank Identifier Code (BIC). Comm-Bank uses SWIFT codes to send money to overseas banks.
- Punjab National Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company. It is a state-owned corporation based in New Delhi, India. The bank was founded in 1894.
1. Paralympic Torch
- The Paralympic torch was unveiled by The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020).
- The torch is made of aluminium and is modelled after the Japanese cherry blossom or ‘sakura’. The colour of the torch is “Sakura Pink”.
- Japan :- Capital:Tokyo || Currency:Japanese yen
2. 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
- Egypt was chosen by the CAF Executive Committee as the host nation of 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
- The CAF Africa Cup of Nations, officially CAN, also referred to as AFCON, or Total Africa Cup of Nations for sponsorship reasons, is the main international association football competition in Africa. It is sanctioned by the Confederation of African Football and was first held in 1957.
3. Ice Hockey World Championships 2019
- The 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship is scheduled to be hosted by Slovakia, as announced by the IIHF on 15 May 2015.
- The Ice Hockey World Championships are an annual international men’s ice hockey tournament organized by the International Ice Hockey Federation. First officially held at the 1920 Summer Olympics, it is the sport’s highest profile annual international tournament.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,27 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31