Daily Current Affairs 27 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 14th Formation Day of NDMA
- Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju, inaugurated the 14th Formation Day of National Disaster Management Authority.
- Theme:- ‘Early Warning for Disasters’.
- National Disaster Management Authority, abbreviated as NDMA is an agency of the Ministry of Home Affairs whose primary purpose is to coordinate response to natural or man-made disasters and for capacity-building in disaster resiliency and crisis response.
2. New Chief Election Commissioner
- President Kovind has appointed Sunil Arora as the new Chief Election Commissioner.
- He will replace OP Rawat and will take on December 2.
3. National Milk Day
- In 2014, all the dairy majors of the country, along with the Indian Dairy Association, resolved to observe Kurien’s birthday, November 26, as National Milk Day.
- Verghese Kurien, known as the ‘Father of the White Revolution’ in India, was a social entrepreneur whose “billion-litre idea”, Operation Flood – the world’s largest agricultural dairy development.
4. Iravatham Mahadevan passes away
- Noted Epigraphist Iravatham Mahadevan has passed away at 88.
- Iravatham Mahadevan was an Indian epigraphist and civil servant, known for his successful decipherment of Tamil-Brahmi inscriptions and for his expertise on the epigraphy of the Indus Valley Civilization.
1. Global Sustainable Cities 2025 Plan
- The United Nations has selected Noida and Greater Noida to take part in Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative.
- 25 cities around the world have been selected for Global Sustainable Development Goals cities initiative under five categories by the UN.
2. First US state to accept taxes in Bitcoin
- Ohio will become the First US state to accept taxes by businesses in Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, a form of electronic cash. It is a decentralized digital currency without a central bank or single administrator that can be sent from user-to-user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network without the need for intermediaries.
3. First India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue
- The first-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue was held at St. Petersburg in Russia.
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar led the Indian Delegation.
1. Asian Development Bank with BIhar
- Indian Govt. and Asian Development Bank has signed a $200-million loan agreement for Bihar’s state highways.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
2. 42,000 Crore in PSU Banks
- The Govt. will inject Rs 42,000 crore in Public Sector Undertaking Banks by March.
- A state-owned enterprise in India is called a public sector undertaking (PSU) or a public sector enterprise. These companies are owned by the union government of India, or one of the many state or territorial governments, or both. The company stock needs to be majority-owned by the government to be a PSU.
3. New Hedging Provision in ECB
- RBI has reduced mandatory hedging provision to 70% from 100% in External Commercial Borrowing Norms.
- A hedge is an investment position intended to offset potential losses or gains that may be incurred by a companion investment. In simple language, a hedge is a risk management technique used to reduce any substantial losses or gains suffered by an individual or an organization.
- External commercial borrowing are loans in India made by non-resident lenders in foreign currency to Indian borrowers. They are used widely in India to facilitate access to foreign money by Indian corporations and PSUs.
4. India’s first mobile phone for kids
- Easyfone has launched ‘Easyfone Star’ as the First mobile phone for kids in India at INR 3490.
- eNovus enterprises is the maker of the Easyfone brand.
1. National Women Chess Title
- Bhakti Kulkarni won the National women chess title in Jaipur.
- She defeated Mary Ann Gomes on superior tie-break after the 11th(final) round.
2. FIH Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy
- Netherlands has won FIH Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy in Changzhou China.
- Netherlands has outclassed Australia 5-1 to win its seventh title.
3. Abu Dhabi GP
- Lewis Hamilton has won Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes AMG Petronas.
4. Syed Modi International Championships
- Sameer Verma(India) has defeated Lu Guangzu (China) in the men’s singles final to win the title.
- Saina Nehwal sattled for Silver after lossing to Han Yue(China) in final.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15