Daily Current Affairs 27 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.SC bans use of Milk for worship in MP’s Mahakaleshwar Temple.
- The Supreme Court approved new worship norms at Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Temple in Ujjainin MP amid reports that the Shiv Lingam inside the temple is shrinking.
- According to the new norms, half litre RO water will be used for ‘jalabhishek’ of the presiding deity and smearing of sugar, curd and milk on the idol has been restricted.
2.Bihar government to sack employees demanding dowry.
- Bihar government has warned its officials that they would be sacked if they indulge in activities like demanding dowry or promoting child marriages.
- The directives will be sent to various departments and district administrations by Bihar Women Development Corporation.
3.Fake stamp paper convict Abdul Telgi passes away aged 56.
- Abdul Karim Telgi, who was convicted in the RS.20,000crore fake stamp paper scam, died aged 56 in Bengaluru.
- The 56 year old was arrested in 2001 and was serving a 30-year prison term in the Parappana Agrahara jail.
1. India is a football country now: FIFA President.
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino said, “Indian is a football country now”, after arriving in Kolkata to chair the FIFA Council meeting and attend the Under-17 World Cup final.
2.Hiroshima survivor to jointly receive Nobel prize with ICAN.
- Setsuko Thurlow, a surviovor of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima, will jointly accept the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize with this year’s laureate, the International Centre to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN).
- Thurlow has campaigned for seven decades against Nuclear Weapons.
3.Saudi Arabia becomes first country to give citizenship to Robot.
- Saudi Arabia has become the world’s first country to grant citizenship to a robot.
- ”I am very honoured and proud for this unique distinction, this is historical to be the first robot in the world to recognized with a citizenship” the humanoid named Sophia said.
1.US’ Salesforce named world’s best company to work for.
- American cloud computing company Salesforce has topped the Fortune’s list of 25 best global companies to work for.
- The list has been compiled after surveying employees in office across the world.
2.Puducherry becomes an associate member of BCCI.
- The Cricket Association of Puducherry(CAP) was chosen by the Committee of Administrators as an associate member of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- This means Pududcherry will be allowed to play the Ranji Trophy in 2018.
3.L&T Technology conferred with CII Industrial Innovation Award.
- L&T Technology Services was conferred with the Confederation of Indian Industries(CII) Industrial Innovation Award 2017.
- The chairman of L&T is A.M.Naik.
1.India junior hockey team loses to Australia day after beating US 22-0.
- The Indian junior hockey team suffered a 3-4 loss against Australia, a day after having defeated US 22-0 in the 7th Sultan of Junior Cup.
- The defeat was India’s first in four matches of the tournament.
2.Martina Hingis quits for third and ‘final’ time
- Swiss tennis great Martina Hingis announced her retirement, signalling the end of a career which took her from 1990s teenage superstar to doubles world number one some 20 years later.
- The 37-year-old “Swiss Miss” has retired twice before -once after testing positive for a metabolite of cocaine, but she said the ongoing WTA Finals in Singapore will be her last tournament.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15