Daily Current Affairs 27 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 27 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 27 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 27 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Mammals of India (MaOI)
- It a citizen-science repository on Indian mammals, was developed by scientists from the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) in Bangalore.
- The aim is to develop individual species pages for all Indian mammals with detailed information.
- Website :- www.mammalsofindia.org
2. Krishi Kumbha in Lucknow
- PM Modi has inaugurated three-day long Krishi Kumbh 2018 in Lucknow.
- Haryana and Jharkhand as partner states.
- Japan and Israel as partner countries.
3. Inland And Coastal Waterways Connectivity
- India and Bangladesh have signed agreements to enhance inland and coastal waterways connectivity.
- There is an agreement to use Chattogram and Mongla Ports in Bangladesh with inclusion of Dhubri in India and Pangaon in Bangladesh as the new Ports.
4. Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences (IMPRESS)
- IMPRESS web portal has been launched by HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- For two year,1500 research projects will be awarded to support social science research.
1. World Day for Audio-visual Heritage
- World Day for Audio-visual Heritage is observed on 27 October.
- It was declared by UNESCO General Conference in 2005.
- Theme :- ‘Your Story is Moving’.
2. Soyuz-2.1B rocket
- Russia has launched Soyuz-2.1B rocket with a satellite for the Russian military successfully.
- ROSCOSMOS Space Corporation: Chief – Dmitry Rogozin || Headquarters – Moscow, Russia
3. Ethiopia’s first female president
- Sahle-Work Zewde has been appointed as the first female president of Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia:- Capital: Addis Ababa || Currency: Ethiopian birr || Present PM: Abiy Ahmed.
4. Exercise Trident Juncture 2018
- It is the biggest military exercise among North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Countries, has begun in Norway.
- NATO’s (North Atlantic Treaty Organization):- Secretary General – Jens Stoltenberg || Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
1. IDFC First Bank
- IDFC Bank will be renamed as ‘IDFC First Bank Ltd’.
- The IDFC is an Indian banking company with headquarters in Mumbai that forms part of IDFC, an integrated infrastructure finance company. The bank started operations on 1 October 2015. IDFC received a universal banking licence from the Reserve Bank of India in July 2015.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Rajiv Lall || Parent organization: Infrastructure Development Finance Company
2. UN Human Rights Prize
- Lawyer Asma Jahangir posthumously, has been announced as one of the four recipients of the 2018 UN Human Rights Prize.
- She was late Pakistani human rights activist.
3. Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM) Award, 2018
- India has won ‘Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management’ (CAPAM) Award, 2018.
- The initiative entitled ‘Unnayan Banka’- Reinventing Education Using Technology of Banka District, State of Bihar has been awarded under the Category ‘Innovation Incubation’.
4. World Health Summit Startup award, 2018
- Roopam Sharma won the World Health Summit Start-up award, 2018 in Berlin.
- Roopam Sharma is a 23-year old Indian scientist, won the award for ‘Manovue’.
- ‘Manovue’ is world’s first intelligent personal assisting system for the visually impaired people.
1. Cricket Australia’s Chairman
- David Peever has been re-elected as chairman of Cricket Australia.
- Cricket Australia, formerly known as the Australian Cricket Board, is the governing body for professional and amateur cricket in Australia. It was originally formed in 1905 as the “Australian Board of Control for International Cricket”. It is incorporated as an Australian Public Company, limited by guarantee.
2. Sports Stadium for differently-abled
- Govt. of India will set up a sports stadium of international standard for persons with disability in Meghalaya.
- Thawar Chand Gehlot is an Indian politician who currently serves as the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment in the Modi ministry.
3. Denmark Open (badminton)
- Sanjeev Kumar won two gold medals and a bronze in Victor Denmark Championship recently in Odense, Denmark.
- Sanjeev Kumar is a wheelchair badminton player.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15